XbrlInstance Validate throws NullReferenceException

Hi,
according to the documentation on how to create and validate an XbrlInstance i am running into a NullReferenceException when calling xbrlInstance.Validate() without any further information given…
The StackTrace says:

at \u0006\u0019\u000f.\u0002()
at \u0003\u001b\u000f.\u000e()

But thats all information given…

The curious thing is that if i try catch the call of xbrlInstance.Validate() then there is an validation error saying Item de-gaap-ci:bs.ass is monetary type and must have a Iso 4217 style unit measure.

(the value is 0 btw so i also wonder why this error shows up)

This error ONLY comes up if i do NOT call document.Save() before validating.

If i call document.Save() before, then there is only the NullReferenceException but no validation errors.

Is there any way to figure out what the problem here is?

Thank you in advance.

@Developer0815,

Could you please share your sample (runnable) code with sample file(s) to reproduce the issue. We will check your issue soon.

PS. please zip the files prior attaching here.

Sure.
I created a .NET 6 console application that reproduces the NullReferenceException.
It uses the currently newest Aspose.Finance 23.3

xbrlInstance.Validate() that throws NullReferenceException is in line 53 of XbrlManager.cs

xbrlExample.zip (2.9 KB)

@Developer0815,

Thanks for the sample.

We reproduced the issue as you mentioned. We found an Exception “System.NullReferenceException: ‘Object reference not set to an instance of an object’” on XbrlInstance.Validate().

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): FINANCENET-272

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Glad to help… Can you say approximately how long the fix will take?

@Developer0815,

Currently the issue is pending for analysis. Once we have evaluated and analyzed your issue then we could share a possible ETA on it.

Once we have any new information available, we will update you.

Great. Thank you

@Developer0815,

You are welcome.

@Developer0815,

Please try our latest version/fix, Aspose.Finance for .NET v23.5:

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.