XFA flattening issue

Hello,

For prove of concept, I am testing the Java API of Aspose.Pdf.Kit for filling and flattening XFA based forms, created with LiveCycle Designer ES2. I modified the FieldFlattenAll.java snippet simply to point to my file, like this:

package samples.form;
import com.aspose.pdf.kit.*;
public class FieldFlattenAll {
static String path = “./examples/resources/”;
public static void main(String[] args) {
try {
Form form = new Form(path + “simple.pdf”,
path + “Form.allFlatten.out.pdf”);
// form.fillField(“form1.TextField1”, “filledValue”);
form.allFlatten();
form.close();
}
catch (Exception ex) {
System.out.println(ex.toString());
}
}
}

This is throwing the following error:
java.lang.NullPointerException

I commented out the fillField, in case I am not referencing correctly my field, but apparently simple flattening isn’t working either. Please advice. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Nikola

Hi Nikola,

I have reproduced this problem at my end and logged it as PDFKITJAVA-18176 in our issue tracking system. Our team will investigate this issue and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hello,

I would like to know if currently you have a solution for the issue? Is there any release/build that does support correctly those features? If not, is there a release date for the fix?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Nikola

Hi Nikola,

I’m afraid this issue is not yet resolved and we’re unable to share the ETA at the moment either. Our team is looking into this issue and you’ll be updated with the ETA once we get a better idea.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 18176) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.