XFA Form: Flatten All Fields Except 1 (Signature Field)

Hello,

I am trying to Flatten all Fields in my XFA Document using “FlattenAllFields” Method. But at a certain step in my application, I need to Unflatten (Make Editable) one of the fields in the same PDF, which is the Signature field. Is there a way to accomplish that?

@harrynator

We need to check whether this is possible to achieve or not. Can you please share a sample PDF file and code snippet that you are already using to flatten the XFA? We will further proceed to assist you accordingly.

Code Snippet:

private static void UpdatePDFAspose()
{
var doc = new Document(“MIR_form_v7.2.1b_input.pdf”);
var form = new Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form();
form.BindPdf(doc);
form.FlattenAllFields()
form.Save(“MIR_form_v7.2.1b_ouput.pdf”);
form.Dispose();
}

File:

MIR_form_v7.2.1b_input.pdf (209.9 KB)

Now, after all fields have been flattened, I need to unflatten the Signature field in the form. The Signature field name is: “incident[0].Page12[0].SignatureField1[0]”

Thanks

@harrynator

We need to investigate whether this is possible or not. An investigation ticket as PDFNET-50400 has been logged in our issue tracking system for further analysis. We will look into details of the scenario and let you know as soon as it is resolved. Please be patient and give us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Any Update team?

@harrynator

The ticket has been logged recently in our issue management system and we are afraid that it is pending for analysis. We will surely investigate it on first come first serve basis according to the policy of free support model.

Furthermore, please note that it is quite complex requirements. Existing functionality of flattening the PDF form remove the form fields and place the values at their location. So, in the output PDF, there is form. Detailed investigation need to be done in order to determine whether it is feasible to unflatten a form field after flattening it. We will surely inform you once we have further updates in this regard.

We apologize for the inconvenience.