XFA Form values not being saved

I am doing a POC using Aspose.PDF for .NET trying to determine if this library will work for us to modify XFA dynamic PDF forms.

I followed (exactly) the FillXFAFields example here: https://github.com/aspose-pdf/Aspose.PDF-for-.NET/blob/master/Examples/CSharp/AsposePDF/Forms/FillXFAFields.cs

The code executes with no errors and saves a new file but none of the values are in the form when I open the new pdf doc. Also while stepping through the code if debugging the following line:
doc.Form.XFA[names[50]] = “testing”
it will execute it but if I turn around and check the value of that field afterwards it is still null.

What am I missing? Do I need a license file or something? I installed through Nuget (in my company we get through Artifactory) and I don’t get any build errors or anything associated with missing a license.

I’ve hit walls with every other library offering I’ve tried so far and have high hopes for this one.

Thanks in advance for any help.

@Tracyd

You can please get a 30-days free temporary license in order to evaluate the API without any limitations. Trial version does offer some limitations but we cannot say for sure if that limitation is the reason of the error at your end. We need to test the scenario in our environment and for that, we need you sample code and file.

Please try using the license file and if issue still persists, share the sample file and the code snippet with us so that we can test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

I had a similar issue with the trial license and XFA forms. No error, just doesn’t do anything. Support isn’t very responsive on the issue for such a basic question. I’m looking at IText now which seems to be better supported and worked on XFA without issues. I’m leaning towards using them instead.

@JohnFx

Have you been able to edit an XFA form with iText? Without mucking around with XML, etc.? Another group at work has done a POC with iText 7 but they are only reading data, and even then I think they are flattening the file before doing that. This XFA stuff is a real pain.

@Tracyd @JohnFx

Sometimes, issues are related to specific PDF structure. Every PDF document has possibly different structure from other PDFs. Even two identical PDF documents can have different structures. Nevertheless, @Tracyd can you please share your sample PDF for our reference? We will definitely perform investigation and try to add support of such PDF in the API in case issue is replicated in our environment.