XIRR Formula Calculation Issue

XIRR formula is not getting calculated using Workbook.CalculateFormula();

My scenario is I have a column which has XIRR formula and trying to get XIRR calculated value in the code and assign it to a variable. All other formulas work except XIRR.

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(strFileFullName);

workbook.CalculateFormula();

var data = workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells["C5"].Value;

workbook.Save(strFileFullName);

Please find attached the sample project for reference. Request to let me know how to use the XIRR formulas using Aspose.Cells.

Versions tried - 8.8.0.0 and 17.0.4

We have enterprise license , please let me know if anything is required from my side for the priority support.

Thanks,
Guru

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We have already logged your issue as per your other thread.

Your issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-45318 - Workbook Calculation method is unable to calculate XIRR formula

Besides, we have also linked this thread with your issue id, when your issue will be fixed, you will get notification in both threads.

Thanks Shakeel Faiz. Looking forward for your reply as the XIRR issue is a showstopper for us.

Appreciate if you can let me know ETA for this issue.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and considering Aspose.Cells.

Please spare us 3-5 working days starting from Monday, then we will be able to provide some update, ETA or fix. Thanks for your understanding and have a good day.

Thanks Shakeel. We are looking forward for the fix as this is a show stopper issue ,please let us know once the issue is fixed.

Hi,

We are afraid there is no update for you at this moment regarding this issue. However, we have logged your comment in our database against this issue and requested the product team to provide some fix or ETA for this issue. Once there is some news for you, we will update you asap by posting in this thread.
Hi Shakeel,

Thanks for the update. We are working on getting the extended support license. Request to expertise the bug fix as this is a show stopper and the entire team is looking forward for this fix.

Please update us the status know once you hear back from Aspose product team.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and considering Aspose.Cells.

We have looked into your issue and we are afraid, your issue is complicated for us and it cannot be easily resolved. However, we are working over it and once, we will get some update, ETA or fix for this issue, we will update you asap.

Hi Shakeel,

Thanks for the update. Since this is critical for us, can you please share me your contact number for a call?

Hi,

I have posted your reply in the Aspose.Purchase forum on your behalf to help you. Here is the link to the Aspose.Purchase forum.

Hi,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now as you need urgent fix. We will soon (hopefully in the next 3-5 days or so) provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Once the fix is available for public use, we will share the Download link here.

Thank you.
This is great news for us ! Looking forward for the fix.
Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

I have tested your issue with the current latest fix and it seems your issue is resolved with it.

Please download and try the following latest fix

Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.4.5 (.NET 2.0) compiled in .NET Framework 2.0.
Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.4.5 (.NET 4.0) compiled in .NET Framework 4.0.

and let us know your feedback.
Hi Shakeel,

Thank you so much ! we will test and let you know.
Please find attached a test excel with IRR formula. IRR calc using latest aspose DLL works till 64 row, but after 65th row it is throwing an error. Our actual excel template has 350 rows and we are not getting the values after 64th row after "workbook.Calculateformulas".

Please check and let me know. You can use the sample code which I sent earlier to test.

Hi,

Please provide us your correct Excel file, if you already have it, then provide that, otherwise please create one manually using Microsoft Excel.

I have checked (Attachment: ExcelApplicationFooterTextCleaner.zip) and did not find any Excel file inside it. It only contains output_test.xlsx which is not required by us because it is an output Excel file.

The file (Attachment: Test.xlsx) you provided to us is also an output Excel file. So, we need your Template Excel and Expected Excel file to test your issue further.

Please find attached the updated sample project.

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(strFileFullName);

workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells["B3"].Value = 67895467;
workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells["B4"].Value = 23456789;

workbook.CalculateFormula();

var data = workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells["C61"].Value;
var data2 = workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells["C62"].Value;
var data3 = workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells["C63"].Value;
var data4 = workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells["C64"].Value;
var data5 = workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells["C65"].Value;
var data6 = workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells["C66"].Value;
var data12 = workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells["C69"].Value;

The value for C61,C65,C66,C69 is returned as 0 but when I open the excel I see correct values.

Hi,

We were able to observe this issue as per your description. We have logged this issue in our database for investigation and for a fix.

This issue has been logged as a sub task of the original issue i.e.

• CELLSNET-45336 - Workbook Calculation method is unable to calculate XIRR formula - II

Hi,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-45336 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.
Hi,

Please download and try the following latest fix

Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.4.6 (.NET 2.0) compiled in .NET Framework 2.0.
Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.4.6 (.NET 4.0) compiled in .NET Framework 4.0.

and let us know your feedback.