XLS Conversion to BMP / TIFF is Truncating Text

Hello,

We have a problem converting an Excel document to TIF. We are using Aspose.Cells.dll version 4.7.1.23. We are using SheetToImageByPage for the conversion of the XLS.

The problem is that some of the text is getting chopped off. I have uploaded a sample XLS that exhibits the problem. The XLS contains 4 worksheets, each is one page in size.

When converted to TIF, the word in the TOP RIGHT CORNER of the page is getting cut off. If you compare the XLS with the sample TIFs provided, the word “PACKING LIST” is displayed as “PACKING LIS”. The word “Commercial Invoice” is displayed as “Commercial Invoic”.

You will also see that the word “LTD” in the TOP LEFT corner of the worksheet is also truncated. The “D” is missing in all cases.

If you look at the worksheet in Print Preview it looks fine. If you print the worksheet, it prints correctly and we have tested with several printers.

Please review the worksheet and let us know when you would expect to have a fix for the problem.

Thank you,

Robert

Hi Robert,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Well, we have already fixed some issues in the attached latest version of Aspose.Cells regarding SheetToImageByPage method data truncation but we found some issues regarding the borders in the generated TIFF files using the latest version (using your template file). We will look into these issues and get back to you soon.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hello,

The new update did make improvements to the text that is being chopped off. However, there is still some text getting truncated as you mentioned. Do you know how long it will take to address the issue?

Thank you.

Hi,

Well, we are working on your mentioned issue regarding SheetToImageByPage feature. We will provide a fix as soon as we resolve the issue.

Thank you for being patient,

Hi,

Please try the attached version, we have fixed your issue(s).

Thank you.

Hello,

I have tried your fix. However, while the fix has fixed the truncation problem, it has caused two new problems.

I have uploaded an XLS and a TIF created from the XLS.

1. You will see that the word “Door” is missing the letter “R” and half of the word of the bottom part of the word is missing.

2. The new TIF files are huge. The original TIF file size was 100K. Now the image size is 14 MB.

Please take a look at these issues as soon as possible. The fix cannot be used and I would not recommend giving this fix to anyone else until the file size problem is corrected.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have found your mentioned issues after an initial test. We will look into them and get back to you soon.

Hi,

After further checking your issue, I think the file size issue only occurs if we don’t specify the image file type. Please specify the file type as Tiff and check if it generates the normal sized image. Please see the following sample code in this regard,

Workbook book = new Workbook();

// your file dir

string dir = @"C:\";

book.Open(dir + "XLSandTIF\\WrappedAndLarge.xls");

ImageOrPrintOptions options = new ImageOrPrintOptions();

options.HorizontalResolution = 200;

options.VerticalResolution = 200;

//200 dpi and group 4 for tiff.

options.TiffCompression = TiffCompression.CompressionCCITT4;

options.ImageFormat = System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Tiff;

// book.SaveOptions.PrintingBlankPage = false;

for (int i = 0; i < book.Worksheets.Count; i++)

{

book.Worksheets[i].SheetToImageByPage("C:\\", options);

}

For the other issue of data truncation / missing letter “R”, we will look into it and fix it soon.

Hello,

Is it possible for you to provide an estimate for when you expect to have a problem with the text wrapping / truncation problem from my previous post? I saw that you said you reproduced it and are working on it, but I was hoping for some kind of ETA.

Thank you,

RVF

I added a JPG that shows the difference between Excel and Aspose. Thanks.

Hi,

We are working on your issues and we will provide a fix by the end of this month.

Thank you for being patient,

Hi,

Please try the attached latest version of Aspose.Cells. We have fixed your mentioned issues.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 10647) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.