We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Xls to html produces empty file

xls to html produces empty file with no content.

Attached is xls file.file.zip (84.6 KB)

@cary.arvidson,
MS Excel says the template file to be corrupt so please share if you can open this file in Excel on your end.

I can open file in libre office or open office.

@cary.arvidson,

You are right, the file is opened fine into Libre Office and OpenOffice. After an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by converting your template file to HTML file format. I found XLS to HTML produces an empty file (that contains one empty sheet). It looks like the file is not read/parsed properly. Also, it seems your file is of older Excel 5.0 file. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-47574” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

@cary.arvidson,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@cary.arvidson,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.8.6 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells20.8.6 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.4 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.8.6 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.4 MB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-47574) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.9. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Amjad_Sahi
You may also get the new version @ nuget repos. (https://www.nuget.org/packages/Aspose.Cells/20.9.0)

Can you confirm if this has been fixed in aspose.cells for java
I am using aspose.cells for java and do not see this working.

@cary.arvidson,

Yes, it is fixed in new version/fix of Aspose.Cells for Java as well. Please try our latest version/hotfix: Aspose.Cells for Java v20.9.8 (attached)
aspose-cells-20.9.8-java.zip (7.2 MB)

Your problem should be fixed with it as I tested using your template file with the attached version, it works fine and the output HTML file is ok.