Xlsm file corrupted in .net core console app with version 18.3.0

xlsm file corrupted after save (.net core console app with aspose.cells version 18.3.0).input.zip (1.8 MB)

@abo75

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

We were able to observe this issue as per your description. We tested this issue with the following code in .NET Core Console Application Project and found output Excel file is corrupt. We have logged it in our database for product team’s investigation and for a fix. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other news for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-45997 - Xlsm file gets corrupted in .Net Core Console App with version 18.3

Download Link:
corrupt-output.zip (1.5 MB)

C#

Workbook wb = new Workbook(@"F:\Download\input.xlsm");
wb.Save("output.xlsm");

Screenshot:

@abo75

We have looked into this issue and found, there are some pictures in your file that are not supported in Aspose.Cells for .NET Core 18.3.

We will support them in next version i.e. Aspose.Cells for .NET Core 18.4.

@abo75

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-45997 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Thank you very much, good work.

@abo75,

Please try using our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v18.4

it should fix your issue as I tested using your original file.

Please try using Aspose.Cells assembly from netstandard2.0 folder in the “\lib” directory of the package.

Let us know if you still find the issue.

I already tested it (from .net core) with our xlsm and xls templates and it is working.
Aspose is the only framework that work with old xls files from .net standard and core.
Good work.

@abo75,

Good to know that your issues are sorted out by the new version/fix. In the new version, i.e., Aspose.Cells for .NET v18.4, we have included .NET Standard/.NET Core assembly that supports the same set of features which our normal .NET versions do, see the features comparison table for your reference:

Feel free to evaluate the .NET Standard/Core assembly for your scenarios and in the event of any issue, feel free to let us know with details and samples, we will check it soon.