Xlsx to PDF not generating watermark (wordart)

We have an Xlsx based template which we use to generate PDF files. The watermark in the Xlsx file is not being generated in the PDF file. If we use an Xls template, then this works. Can you please help ?

Note: You will find attached an extract of our C# code.

Hi,

Thanks for the sample code and details.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned. I found that Watermark (shape) is not rendered in the output PDF file format. I used the following simple sample code to reproduce the issue on our end. The watermark is rendered fine in the output XLS and XLSX file formats but not in the output PDF file format.
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook();

Aspose.Cells.Drawing.Shape wordart = workbook.Worksheets[0].Shapes.AddTextEffect(MsoPresetTextEffect.TextEffect2,
“CONFIDENTIAL”, “Arial Black”, 25, false, true
, 25, 8, 2, 1, 100, 600);

//Get the fill format of the word art
MsoFillFormat wordArtFormat = wordart.FillFormat;

//Set the color
wordArtFormat.ForeColor = Color.Gray;

//Set the transparency
wordArtFormat.Transparency = 0.8;

//Make the line invisible
MsoLineFormat lineFormat = wordart.LineFormat;
lineFormat.IsVisible = false;

workbook.Save(“e:\test2\out1.xls”, SaveFormat.Excel97To2003);
workbook.Save(“e:\test2\out2.xlsx”, SaveFormat.Xlsx);
workbook.Save(“e:\test2\out3.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-44224” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Thank you for your quick reply.

Do you think we could have the bug fix rapidly ?

Thanks again

Hi,

Well, generally, if an issue is not complex, it should be fixed in a week or two. Since we have just logged your issue into our database and is pending (in queue) for analysis by the product team. Once our product evaluate your issue, we will be in a better position to provide an ETA for it.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Have you corrected the issue in Aspose ?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We are afraid there is no update for you at this moment regarding this issue. However, we have logged your comment in our database against this issue and requested the product team to provide some fix or ETA for this issue. Once there is some news for you, we will update you asap by posting in this thread.

Hi,

We will soon upgrade our Aspose.Cells version.
We were hoping to receive the bug fix for the problem we escalated during february.

We would be grateful to you if you could give us an update on the subject ?

Thanks

Hi Nathalie,

I am afraid, the ticket attached to this thread has not been resolved yet. I have logged your comments to the aforementioned ticket as well as requested the concerned member of the product team to share insight of the problem and an estimated time for the fix. As soon as we get any news in this regard, we will post here for your kind reference.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Hi,

It has been already 8 months that we escalated this issue. We are somewhat blocked due this problem as we cannot upgrade to the XLSX format.

Could you please indicate to us when a fix will be available ?

Remark: Our company will have to look for an alternative to Aspose Cells if a fix is not provided in a reasonable time frame.

Thanks for your understanding

Hi,

Well, we are very sorry that your issue is taking more time to get it fixed. Sometimes, it might happen due to complexity involved for the issue or more priority pending tasks to be fixed (first). Anyways, I have asked the concerned developer from product team to update on it or provide an ETA for the fix (if possible).

Hopefully, you will get an update soon.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused!
Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We are afraid we do not support WordArt with Transform. Now WordArt must be set to MsoPresetTextEffect.TextEffect1. Besides, the WordArt with Transform will not be supported in near future.

C#
string dir = @"D:\Tmp\"; Workbook workbook = new Workbook();

//For generating workbook to pdf, html, image, we only support MsoPresetTextEffect.TextEffect1.
Aspose.Cells.Drawing.Shape wordart = workbook.Worksheets[0].Shapes.AddTextEffect(MsoPresetTextEffect.TextEffect1, “CONFIDENTIAL”, “Arial”, 25, false, true, 25, 8, 2, 1, 100, 600);

//Get the fill format of the word art
Aspose.Cells.Drawing.FillFormat wordArtFormat = wordart.Fill;
wordArtFormat.FillType = Aspose.Cells.Drawing.FillType.Solid;

//Set the color
wordArtFormat.SolidFill.Color = Color.Gray;

//Set the transparency
wordArtFormat.Transparency = 0.8;

//Make the line invisible
Aspose.Cells.Drawing.LineFormat lineFormat = wordart.Line;
lineFormat.FillType = Aspose.Cells.Drawing.FillType.None;

workbook.Save(dir + “out2.xlsx”, Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Xlsx);
workbook.Save(dir + “out3.pdf”, Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Pdf);

Hi,

I am glad to inform you that the issue with the ID CELLSNET-44224 has been resolved. The fix will be included in Aspose.Cells for NET 21.5.

Please notice the team has prepared a hotfix, so you do not have to wait for the official release. Kindly test the project with the hotfix attached to this post and let us know about the results.

Best regards,
Aspose.Cells21.4.1 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.5 MB)
Aspose.Cells21.4.1 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.5 MB)
Aspose.Cells21.4.1 For .NetStandard20.Zip (5.5 MB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44224) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by simon.zhao