Xlsx to pdf result in invalid document

Hi,

we use Aspose.Cells (7.0.1.0) to convert Excel documents to pdf. The conversion ot the attached sample document results in an invalid pdf (see attachment) that cannot be opened with Aspose.Pdf (or IText).

var d = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(“empty.pdf”);<o:p></o:p>

--> “Input string was not in a correct format.”

Thanks,
Wolfgang

Hi,

I think you should contact to Aspose.Pdf team in their respective forum. Aspose.Cells for .NET converts the empty Excel file to PDF fine. For confirmation, you may try to open the PDF file into Acrobat Reader that opens the file fine. So, there is no issue regarding PDF conversion or converted PDF.

Thank you.

Hi,

I don’t think the pdf is well formatted! As I wrote IText also reports an error when opening this file.
You are right that the Acrobat Reader for Windows can open the document, BUT the Arobat Reader for Adroid or Windows Phone 7 devices also report an error!

Thanks
Wolfgang

Hi,

Well, mostly we follow Adobe Acrobat standards. Anyways, we enhanced the internal module (rendering PDF from Excel files) that should fix your issue and the PDF file generated by Aspose.Cells will be opened fine in other environments and other third party tools.

You will be provided the fixed version in the next week.

Keep in touch.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.1.3

Thanks, everything looks good now.