XLSX to XML transformation is missing text in Java

Hello.

I have been evaluating Aspose.Cells for Java and Aspose.Pdf for Java. The evaluation versions are 2.1.1 and 2.4.3.2.

The attachment contains example XLSX file and the XML and PDF transformations of the file. The XML file is missing text content on cells that have so much content that the text is wrapped on the next line.

Naturally, when a PDF file is created from the XML file missing text, the PDF file also misses text. However, the existing texts are shown in wrong places. It looks like the Aspose.Pdf for Java can not handle row spanning correctly.

If the test XSLX file is transformed into HTML with Aspose.Cells, the result looks almost good. When the HTML file is viewed with Firefox, the sheet number one is on the second tab with “Sheet2” and there is no “Sheet1”.

The code with which the XML and PDF transformations were done was:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
workbook.open();
workbook.save(, FileFormatType.ASPOSE_PDF);

Pdf pdf = Pdf.bindXML(new FileInputStream());
pdf.save(new FileOutputStream(new File()));

The issues are:

1) Is there any options to be used for XML save so that text is not missing from the output or is this a bug that needs a fix?
2) Is there any options to be used for PDF generation to handle the spanning rows? This sounds as a bug and therefore needs a fix. Am I right?

The issue 1) is a problem for us to use Aspose.Cells. Due to the quality of HTML output, the text content is read by Aspose.Cells fully and it might is available through API calls. The issues 1) and 2) are stoppers for us to use Aspose.Pdf.

What are your comments on the issues? If the issues need fixes, what initial estimates about the time that the fixing takes can you give?

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

We have found your mentioned issue after an initial test. We will look into it and get back to you soon. Your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id CELLSJAVA-12440.

Thank You & Best Regards

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

For the wrapped text issue, as a workaround we think you can change your code like following to make it work:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook();

workbook.open();

Worksheets wss = workbook.getWorksheets();

for (int i=0; i<wss.size(); i++)

{

wss.getSheet(i).autoFitRows();

}

workbook.save(, FileFormatType.ASPOSE_PDF);

Pdf pdf = Pdf.bindXML(new FileInputStream());

pdf.save(new FileOutputStream(new File()));

Also, we will try to fix this issue soon.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

Please try the attached version.

The Auto-fit rows with auto-wrapped text on is supported now by the new fix. There
is no lost text in the generated pdf now with Aspose.Cells v2.1.2.1 and Aspose.Pdf v2.5.0.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 12440) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.