Xml Import losing template formatting

Posey.zip (5.7 MB)

I am importing xml into a template spreadsheet with an xml map. I’ve mapped the xml to cells containing formatting, such as background colours and specific date formats.

When I import xml using Excel the formatting is kept, however when using Aspose the formatting is lost.

Please refer to the uploaded sample application. There is a data folder containing a template.xlsx and the xml.xml file to be imported.

@mackers78,

Please notice, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your template file(s) and sample. I found template file loose formattings (background color, date formatting, etc.) in the output file after importing XML data. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-49610” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

@mackers78,

This is to inform you that your issue is resolved. We will provide you the fixed version soon after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Thank you very much.
Do you have an estimate of when the new version would be available?
If you like I am happy to assist and test out an unofficial build?

@mackers78,

Could you try our latest version/fix (attached): Aspose.Cells for .NET v21.10.2:
Aspose.Cells21.10.2 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.6 MB)
Aspose.Cells21.10.2 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.6 MB)
Aspose.Cells21.10.2 For .NetStandard20.Zip (5.6 MB)

Let us know your feedback.

Unfortunately I still get the same results where all formatting is lost with the new .Net4 version.

Template.png (28.9 KB) shows the Template before importing the xml.
expected results.png (26.1 KB) shows the actual results using Excel to import.
Results.png (36.3 KB) shows the actual results via my the program found in Posey.zip (5.5 MB) using Aspose.Cells.21.10.2 for .Net4.0 version.

@mackers78,

We are sorry that the latest version/fix does not fix your issue. It seems the fix is not included in the latest hotfix yet. Please stay tuned as we will provide you the fixed version within the next few days.

@mackers78,

Hopefully, we could compile a new hotfix (that includes your fix) and share it with you today or tomorrow.

Thank you very much, that would be great.

@mackers78,

You are welcome.

@mackers78

The issue is fixed in v21.10.4.
Aspose.Cells21.10.4 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.6 MB)
Aspose.Cells21.10.4 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.6 MB)
Aspose.Cells21.10.4 For .NetStandard20.Zip (5.6 MB)

Thank you guys. The initial testing is giving positive results :man_dancing: :grinning:

@mackers78,

Good to know that it works for your needs. In the event of further queries or comments, feel free to write us back.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-49610) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by simon.zhao