Xsl external-graphic

Hi,

I am trying to get an image with using xsl and Aspose.Pfd.dll. In xsl, I have I have tryed the following possibilities:

fo:external-graphic src=“x:/Test.png”

fo:external-graphic src=“url(x:/Test.png)”

fo:external-graphic src=“url(‘x:/Test.png’)”

I have nothing in the created pdf.

Can somebody help me, please?

wbr

Gerhard

Hi Gerhard,

Thanks for contacting support.

Please share the resource XSL file, so that we can test the scenario in our environment. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi,
now I can see the image. The size of the image is incorrect. Can you tell me in which unit must be the size of the image.
wbr

Hi Gerhard,

Thanks for the acknowledgement.

Unless we have tested the scenario, we cannot recommend any size for images. However, the default unit in our API is Point where 1 inch = 72 points and 1 cm = 1/2.54 inch = 0.3937 inch = 28.3 points. Furthermore, the conversion from point to pixel depends on an image’s DPI (dots per inch) property. For example, if an image’s DPI is 96 (96 pixels for each inch), and it is 100 points high, its height in pixels is (100 / 72) * 96 = 133.3. The general formula is: pixels = ( points / 72 ) * DPI.

In case you still face any issue, please share the resource files.

Thanks for your answer.

We tried with three images and different dpi (96, 300, 600), but we have gotten the same image with no difference. It was too large. About three times larger than the original image.

Can you tell me reason, please?

In the tag was only the source of the image given.

Hi Gerhard,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I have tested the scenario using three images with different dimensions and different DPI values and as per my observations, the images are being rendered in different sizes. Can you please share your resource images, so that we can again test the scenario in our environment.

Yes. I have attached them. There are three images with different dpi.

Hi Gerhard,

Thanks for using our API’s.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNET-41016 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi,

It`s now 1 month since i postet this problem.
Is there already a solution for the problem. Thanks for the answer

brgds Gerhard

Hi Gerhard,

Thanks for your patience.

The earlier reported issue is still pending for review and is not yet resolved as the team has been busy fixing other previously reported high priority issues. However the product team will surely consider investigating/fixing it as per development schedule and as soon as we have some definite updates regarding its resolution, we will let you know. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Hi Gerhard,
I am having the same problem, how did you get the image to display ?
thanks

georgeaMFS:
Hi Gerhard,
I am having the same problem, how did you get the image to display ?
Hi George,

Thanks for contacting support.

The earlier reported issue by Gerhard is still pending for review and is not yet resolved. However in order to cater your particular scenario, we request you to please share the resource file, so that we can test the scenario in our environment.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Now It`s 4 month since i postet this problem. Is there already a solution for the problem. Thanks for the answer brgds Gerhard

Hi Gerhard,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid the issue is still not resolved as product team is busy in resolving other high priority issues. However, we have raised your issue priority and requested the team to complete the issue investigation and share an ETA at their earliest. We will notify you as soon as we get a feedback.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,