ZIP compression level of Aspose

Hello.

I have a question that applies to all Office formats:
I have recently zipped some DOCX, PPTX, XLSX files created by Aspose and their total size has reduced to half !

I know that Office formats are ZIP files, so is there a way for you to increase the compression level for your generated office files?

This is not something I desperatelly need, but I think that may be good for your library.

Best Regards,
Kostas
Hi Kostas,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Aspose.Words supports all major OOXML versions for example OOXML ECMA-376 and OOXML ISO/IEC DIS 29500. OOXML WordprocessingML documents most often come as DOCX files, which are ZIP packages and Aspose.Words does support DOCX format.
kgk2000:
so is there a way for you to increase the compression level for your generated office files?
It would be great if you please share some more detail about your query.

Hello,

Since DOCX, XLSX and PPTX are all ZIP files they should be compressed.
But when I zip one of them using, e.g., WinRar, its size gets reduced to half.

Could the compression of the ZIP file (DOCX, XLSX, etc) that Aspose creates be increased to make the files smalller?

Best Regards,
Kostas

Hi Kostas,

I have observed the requirement shared and have created an issue with Id SLIDESNET-34386 as new feature request to further investigate the possibility of implementing the desired feature support. Can you please also share the sample Aspose presentation along with zipped presentation with us. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

Many Thanks,

Hi.

I send you the ZIP file.
If you extract it you will notice the size difference.
I would expect that zipping a ZIP file wouldn’t make much difference as far as size is concerned… but it does.

Best Regards,
Kostas

Hi Kostas,

Thanks for sharing the requested information. I will share the further feedback with you as soon as the information will be shared by our development team in this regard.

Many Thanks,
Hi Kostas,

Thanks for sharing the detail.
kgk2000:
Hello,
Since DOCX, XLSX and PPTX are all ZIP files they should be compressed.
But when I zip one of them using, e.g., WinRar, its size gets reduced to half.

Could the compression of the ZIP file (DOCX, XLSX, etc) that Aspose creates be increased to make the files smalller?
Please note that Aspose.Words tries to mimic the same behavior as MS Word do. If you generate a same MS Word document via Aspose.Words and MS Word, the file size will be approximately same in both cases. Please let us know if you are facing any issue regarding the size of MS Word documents.