Barcode Failing To Preview In Visual Studio

Hi

I have a named SQL instance and therefore had to install Aspose manually. I have added the control to the toolbox and can create the control on reports. However, when I attempt to preview the report, the control is not visible and I get the following warning...

[rsCRIControlFailedToLoad] The 'BarCode' extension failed to load the extension assembly. The custom reportitem 'BarCode1' will render the AltReportItem or preserve the white space if no AltReportItem is explicitly defined.

Please advise. I am running SQL Server 2012 Standard on Windows Server 2012 Standard 64 bit.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your inquiry. I’m sorry to share with you that I’m unable to reproduce the problem. I can drag / preview the bar code control using Windows Server 2012 and SQL Server 2012. Please recheck the manual steps and make sure that you are placing a correct binary ( Aspose.BarCode.ReportingServices.dll ) from SSRS2012 folder. It would be great if you could create a sample project which reproduces the issue on your side and attach it here? We will take a closer look and provide you with some further feedback.

We’re looking forward to help you.

Hi Steve,

In addition, please confirm that which version of Aspose.BarCode for SSRS are you using? Because we have added SSRS 2012 support in our latest release of Aspose.BarCode 5.6.2.0.

I am using version 5.6.2.0 . Sample project attached.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for sharing the sample project. I just tried this sample project in my environment and was able to see a bar code in the preview mode. I have attached a screen shot for your reference. Could you please delete the Aspose.BarCode.ReportingServices.dll files in a Report Server folder and Virtual Studio folder, and then copy the Aspose.BarCode.ReportingServices.dll to these folders again? Please make sure that you have copied the Aspose.BarCode.ReportingServices.dll to both “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies” and “C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS11.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin”.

In addition, I will recommend you to remove all entries and repeat the manual installation steps. Please also set FullTrust instead of Execution in the files rssrvpolicy.config and RSPreviewPolicy.config. In case it does not help then please share RSPreviewPolicy.config, RSReportDesigner.config, rssrvpolicy.config and rsreportserver.config. We’ll take a closer look and guide you accordingly.

I have replaced the dlls with no success. Please find attached config files. Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you for sharing the config files. I have edited a few changes as shown in the code below. Please take a backup and overwrite these attached files to the appropriate location.

PermissionSetName=“FullTrust”

Name=“Report_Expressions_Default_Permissions”

Description="This code group grants MyComputer code Execution permission. ">

<IMembershipCondition

class=“ZoneMembershipCondition”

Please also let me know how it goes on your side.

Hi Imran

I have deleted the config files and replaced them with your attachments. I then removed and re added the dll to the toolbox but I am still getting the same error.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your inquiry. It is quite difficult to say about the actual problem because as I shared earlier your sample project is working perfect on my side. Please remove all Aspose.BarCode entries to uninstall the product and see if the error message persist. Please make sure that the error message has been gone and then re-install. I hope these steps will help you.

Hi Imran

I have removed the entries as advised but once I do this, the error is replaced by a different error(as expected because the entries have been removed). After I recreate the entries the original error returns. Can you confirm if the config files that I sent are set up correctly? Seeing as the error occurs when I preview the report, does this seem like the problem is the rsPreviewPolicy config file?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you for these details. Are you trying the same project that you have shared earlier? And what about the second error message, is it about the Aspose.BarCode product? I already have reviewed your config files and found a few changes regarding full trust etc. Please check my post here. So there are no more issues with config files. I believe you will be able to see the bar code control in the report preview after clearing everything out and started again. Please also make sure that the user has the administrative privileges.

Hi Imram

I have removed all config file entries as suggested. When I run the preview, I get the following errors...

The custom report item type Barcode is not installed

Warning 1 [rsCRIControlNotInstalled] The ‘BarCode’ extension is not present in the configuration file. Therefore, the custom reportitem ‘BarCode1’ shows empty space.

See attached screenshots.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Please accept our apologies for the delay. We are working over your query and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your patience. You are right. It is because you removed all config file entries. Please remove this bar code control from the tool box as well and make sure that there is no more error messages in the project. You can then re-install Aspose.BarCode for SSRS product.

Please let me know in case of any further assistance or questions.

Hi Imram

I removed the control from the toolbox and the error disappeared. However, after reinstalling, VS is behaving in the same way as before. Could you please check the attached designer config file as I am unsure that my syntax is correct.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your inquiry. I checked your config file. It is looking perfect to me because it is identical as my file. I suppose the reason of such error can be security rights. Have you installed Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services under administrator account? I have attached my config files for your kind review.

Please do let me know your thoughts on this.

Hi Imram

Yes, the install was performed as the local administrator.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the additional information. Did you get any break through? If not then please try on another computer and tell me how you go. It appears that your application is having a problem in your test environment. We're looking forward to help you.

Hi Imram

I have had no breakthrough. The install is not a test environment, this is our production server and the only machine we have running on Win Server 2012. We have another server on the network already running Aspose, but this is a Win 2008 R2 machine running a much older version of Aspose.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

It is to update you that I’m preparing another environment with Windows Server 2012 Standard Edition. Previously, I was using Windows Server 2012 Datacenter Edition. I have logged this task under ticket id SUPPORT-1970 in our issue tracking system. I will keep you updated regarding any significant progress. We’re sorry for your inconvenience.