Still having issues with GridWeb and UpdatePanel

Hello,i know there are a few posts on this forum that talk about the webgrid component in combination with a asp.UpdatePanel. But i did not find a recent post which answers my question.

In a relatively simple webpage i have a button and a webgrid. At first without an updatepanel, everything works fine. But when i put an updatepanel around it (which we HAVE to) e.g. the selection of a cell doesn't work anymore.

Below you will find my asp code and c# code.Could you tell me if i'm setting the wrong (or forget to set a property) of the webgrid?

We are using version 2.7.1.2000 of the Aspose.Cells.WebGrid library.

==== begin ASP code ====

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs" Inherits="QCPWebapp.WebForm1" %>

<%@ Register assembly="Aspose.Cells.GridWeb" namespace="Aspose.Cells.GridWeb" tagprefix="acw" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html .........

==== end ASP code ====

==== begin C# code behind the ASP ====

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;

}

protected void BtnAlles_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{

}
}
}

==== end C# code behind the ASP ====

Hi,

Please download and try the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v2.7.1.2002

If the problem persists, then provide a sample project replicating the problem, zip it and attach here.

We have to renew our license to get this version. I'll get back to this topic when we get the new version. Attached you will find a simple sample project which shows the problem.

With kind regards,
Michiel Pauly

One more attchment, i captured a movie to illustrate the problem

Hi,

Thanks for your sample project and files.

You do not need a license to test it with latest version because Aspose.Cells for GridWeb should work same in both modes. It means, if Evaluation Mode is working fine, then Licensed Mode will be definitely ok.

Please also test it with the latest version and provide me your feedback.

I have logged your issue in our database. We will look into it and update you asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-40279.

Hi,

just tested the new version of the gridweb library without setting the license. The same problem occured.

With kind regards,
Michiel Pauly

Hi,

Thanks for your testing, we have logged your feedback in the database.

Hi,

Please change the code as follow:

<asp:ScriptManager ID=“scriptManager” runat=“server”>

</asp:ScriptManager>

<asp:UpdatePanel ID=“updatePanel” runat=“server”>

<asp:PostBackTrigger ControlID=“Button3” />

Only what you should do is to add

“”

then the issue will be fixed.

Hello,

you are right, this causes the problem to be fixed but makes the UpdatePanel in this case unnecessary. Because it makes the button make an synchronous postback, and the reason for us to have the updatepanel is to make the button do an asynchronous postback (to avoid the flickering and e.g. "remember" the scroll positions.).

So the solution you provided will not work for us.

With kind regards,
Michiel Pauly

Hi,

For the question , after the “button3” clicked, some js code did not run, so please try to add the following code to button click method (server side) , then your question should be solved.

protected void Button3_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(this.Page, this.GetType(), "temp", "new acwmain(document.getElementById('GridWeb1'))", true);

}

That seemed to do the trick. We will do some more testing though before we put it live. Hopefully this thread remains open until we are finished testing, which could take three weeks because my colleague is on holiday.

Thx, Michiel Pauly

BTW, i’m very pleased with the help i got on this topic so far. Three thumbs up!!!

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

If you encounter any problem while testing, please let us know. We will help you asap.

Hi,

i've implemented the above solution but now slightly different. My grid is on an UserControl (must be) and now i get an error ' Unable to get value of the property 'selectSingleNode': object is null or undefined'.

Also see the attached image for further details.

With kind regards,
Michiel Pauly

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

We have logged your comment in our database. We will look into it and get back to you asap.

This comment has been logged against the issue id: CELLSNET-40279

If you could provide us a sample project replicating this problem which should use the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v2.7.4.2001
then it will help us quickly sort out your issue and provide you workaround/advice.

Hi,

For the browser, if it is IE 9, please set its’ browser type to IE 9 and doctype to IE9, if it is IE 8, please set its browser type to IE 8 and doctype to IE 8.

Then the error should disappeared.

If it also does occur then please try to supply us a demo to reproduce the error.