GridWeb Problem - Some More Issues By Ruben Fazendas

GridWeb Problem - Some More Issues By Ruben Fazendas

Hello,

After some further investigation on this subject we have discovered some more issues, regarding the example we have previously sent you.

I've attached a newer version of the lastest project we've sent you, with the lastest dll files and acw_client folder.

The first issue is related to the sheet update process.

As we said, it did not update properly, but we've discovered that after you introduce a value 3 times it starts to behave normally. If the sheet is already filled with one or more values, it will behave normally, but if it is empty, it takes three value introductions for the sheet to start working.

There is also a .jpg attachment, which shows that the the first 3 attempts to introduce a value, resulted in an internal server error. (http 500 error code).

For the sheet to work you have to introduce a value in any cell, then erase it, introduce again, and erase it. After that, you'll notice that it behaves as expected.

The second problem we've detected, is that the GridWeb control displays rows which are hidden, in the file we use as template.

We did not have this problem with the previous aspose.Grid.Web.dll.

How can we import an excel file, and keep the hidden rows not visible?

You can see this problem with the last three rows in the example we send in attachment. If you open the excel file we import, which is located in the Web/template folder of our example, you'll notice that those last three rows, are not visible, but they still appear when you import the file into the GridWeb control.

We would really appreciate some help on this issues. This project has been postponed several times due to issues regarding the new cells.GridWeb.dll and IE9, and we really need to solve these problems, as this project has a very big impact in our organization.

Ps: Could you as soon as possible give us an ETA on the solution of this issues.

We are waiting on a response regarding this particular subject since December 27th.

Best regards.

Hi,

Thanks for posting your new problems.

Since, these are separate issues, so I have created a new thread and new database tickets for this thread.

Please use separate threads for your separate issues.

You can always keep track of your previous/old posts by clicking on the Posts link shown below your name. See the attached image.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-40266.

If the fix for this issue is easier to be resolved, then it will take 2~3 days, in case it is difficult to be resolved, it might take couple of weeks.

Hi,

Please let us know which of the previous Aspose.Cells for GridWeb version was working right for the hidden rows problem.

Hi.

When we used the Grid.Web, product version 2008, 5, 9, 0. File version 2.0.0.2001, the hidden rows behaved normally.

Best regards.

Hi,

Please provide me a sample project working fine using the old version. Also provide the old version.

It will help us look into this issue.

Hello,

I've included a sample project in attachment. This is basically the same project I've send you before, but with the older dll. The sheet only behaves correctly while the browser is in quirks mode.

We need this project to be IE8+ compatible, and due to the problems we've experienced in the past (related to the cells not updating) we had to redesign the application to be used in IE8 standards, as quirks mode causes a javascript error when changing sheets.

We've also tried the latest dll while in quirks mode, and there was no change regarding the hidden cells (they remained visible).

So can you help, by providing a way to keep the hidden cells hidden, while forcing ie8 standards?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Thanks for your further feedback/comments and sample project with older dll.

We gave logged it in our database, we will look into them and get back to you asap.

Hi,

Please download: Aspose.Cells for GridWeb v2.7.2.2001

We have fixed the issue of hidden rows.

Hi,

First of all, let us thank you for your efforts, in attending to our problems.

It seems the latest dll you provided, has fixed the hidden rows problem, but it has raised some other issues.

I'm sending a sample project in attachment. This is again the same project as before, but with the new dll. Each time you try to introduce a value in a cell, a javascript error occurs.

The error is "Microsoft JScript runtime error: Invalid argument", and it occurs in the acwmain.js file.

Once this error has occured, it is impossible to change sheets, or to update any cells.

If you try this same project with the Aspose.Cells for GridWeb v2.7.1.2002 dll, you'll notice that these problems do not occur, but the hidden rows are shown. So this problem was introduced, when fixing the hidden rows issue.

Hope you can help us with this.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Thanks for your comment/feedback.

We have reopened this bug and logged the information provided by you in our database.

We will look into it and fix the problems and update you asap.

Hi,

Please download the fix: Aspose.Cells for GridWeb v2.7.2.2002

First of all let us thank you for your efforts in solving the problems we have been facing.

The fix you provided has worked, and we were able to get a functional version of the application.

However, this version presented some performance issues.

It takes over 30 seconds to change between sheets. Also, when introducing a value in the sheet, the sheet takes a very long time to update.

These delays are unacceptable in our application, rendering the whole solution useless, as it is near impossible to work with.

You'll find a project in attachment, that illustrates these delays. You'll notice that the code is very simple, and it should not take this long to be executed.

When using a previous version, (aspose.grid 2.0.0.1), the application behaved much faster.

Can you help? This is a very urgent matter, as our application is currently being used with the version I provide on this project.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Can you give us any indication on what might cause this bad performance?

Best Regards,

Hi,

Please download and try the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v2.7.2.2004

Please remove all the previous acw_client directory files first and then use the new acw_client and dll in the above archive.

Let us know if the performance issue still occurs.

Hello,

The project I included in the last post already has that dll version, as well as the acw_client folder you mention.

If you open the sample projecto you'll notice the performance issues, we have experience in our main aplication.

Best regards,

Hello,

The project I included in the last post already has that dll version, as well as the acw_client folder you mention.

If you open the sample project you'll notice the performance issues, we have experience in our main aplication.

Best regards,

Hi,

I have reopened your issue and asked development team for an advice.

We will update you asap.

Hi,

Ruben Fazendas:

It
takes over 30 seconds to change between sheets. Also, when introducing a
value in the sheet, the sheet takes a very long time to update.

We have tested your project and the time taken was about 1 second. So we were unable to reproduce this issue.

Can you please let us know your system environment? And help us with performance metrics?

Also, we recommend you to test the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v2.7.2.2005

Hello,

Using the fix you provided, it took the same time, over 30 seconds to change between sheets.

Our system configuration is:

IIS v6.0

IE9

Windows server 2003 r2 x64 bit edition

Intel Xeon cpu E5335@ 2Ghz

4gb ram.

Could you indicate which configuration you use in order to achieve the performance you mentioned earlier?

Best regards,