Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll

hi we are interested to purchase Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll but would like to try whether the protect worksheet is working first. Can we try Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v1.7.0.34 (SSRS 2008)

Hi,

Thanks for your question and interest in Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.

You can definitely download and use fully functional Evaluation version of Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices. The only limitation of Evaluation version is it injects an extra Evaluation Worksheet.

Please download one of the following depending on your SQL Server Version.

For SSRS 2008 or 2008 R2

Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v1.7.0.36 (SSRS 2008)
Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v1.7.0.36 (SSRS 2008 R2)

MSI Installer
Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v1.7.0.36 (MSI)

Regarding Encryption:

Please reference the linked file to modify Encryption parameter at Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml file: Encryption.docx

Encryption Configuration:

Please try following Encryption Configuration.

<Encryption value=“on”>

<Password value=“12345”/>

<EncryptionType value=“Microsoft Strong Cryptographic Provider”/>

< KeyLength value=“128”/>

<Password value=“123456”/>

<EncryptionType value=" XOR “/>

<KeyLength value=“128”/>

……

<EncryptionType value=” XOR "/>

<KeyLength value=“128”/>

If you have any other question, please feel free to post here. We will help you asap.

Hi,

What is the difference between protect and encryption? I cannot get both to work on v1.7.0.36.

I suppose the xml config file should be in the same folder as the dll in the Bin folder?

Btw, is there an option to change sheetname in excel export? Thanks.

also, our requirement is the user can open the excel as read-only but require a password to modify… can this be archieved?

Hi,

The latest version ( V1.7.0.36) supports Encryption and Protect & Lock functions .

Please install the latest version and modify Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services configuration information for protect function at Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml.

=======================================================================

<ProtectWorkSheet value=“ON”>

<Password value=“12345”/>

<ProtectType value=“ALL”/>

<ProtectWorkbook value=“ON”>

=========================================================================

Hi, i have installed V1.7.0.36 using msi installer.

I think Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml is not created by default so i copy from your sample, rename the report name and place the config file in the same folder as the DLL.

However, when i export the report into XLS- Excel workbook via Aspose Cells, the workbook is not protected. Do you know if i am missing any steps?

Hi,

The Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml file is auto installed.

Its location is in the following folder : ${Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services installation folder}.

Hi, Thanks I am getting there, except a small issue.. In Excel , there are 2 types of encrytions.

1. Password to open

2. Password to modify

The Encryption xml config you posted does 1. Password to open. Our requirement is the 2. Password to modify - users able to read the file but need a password to modify.

Is it possible to config 2. Password to modify?

Hi,

Thanks for your illustration.

We are looking into your issue. We will help you asap. Thanks for your patience.

hi
how can we protected PART of the file, only certain cells

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

We have looked into your issue and found, it is actually a New Feature.

We have logged your issue as CELSSREP-29068. Once, it is implemented, we will update you asap.

thanks
also, what are the valid ProtectTypes here

c

<ProtectWorkbook value=“ON”>

Hi,

We have added new feature for password to modify it.

Please try the fixed attached version (V1.7.0.37) for SSRS 2008.

Please refer to the following steps.

1. Modify Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml file.
============================================================

=============================================================

2. Copy the Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll file into the following folder : ${MS SQL Server 2008 for Reporting Services installation folder}\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin.

For how can we protect a PART of the file, only certain cells issue:

Now, we only support Excel protection & locking functinality for the whole workbook or worksheet.

When protecting worksheet in Excel, Excel only supports certain cells can be modified.
So if we realize to protect certain cells, you manually must set report item is protected at the Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml file.

Do you think that can meet your needs?

If yes, we will develop it.

Please provide your demo file for us. We will refer it for developing the feature.

For Protection Types issue:

We support the following types:

• All
  • Windows
  • Structure

hi

thank you for the reply, but i honeslty dont understand what the paragraphs means. did you incorporate this feature?

basically, 1) protect the entire workbook with a password, without the password its readonly, and 2) allow some columns to be editable?

Hi,

We noted down your 2 requirements and we will get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

There are two kinds of protecting excel file in excel .

1. Encryption: Require a password to open or modify this workbook.

2. Protection:

a. Protect Worksheet: Control what types of changes people can make to the current worksheet.

b. Protect Workbook: Prevent unwanted changes to the structure of the workbook. Such as adding worksheet.

There are encryption and protection configure information in the Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml file.

For two note:

1. You may set the “IsWriteProtected” parameter of encryption configuration information to realize note 1.

2. Currently, we do not support note 2.

a. Please give us detail description of your requirement.

b. Such as, did editable columns associate with report item?

c. Does it meet your requirement that points editable column through modifying configuration information?

mshakeel.faiz:
Hi,

There are two kinds of protecting excel file in excel .

1. Encryption: Require a password to open or modify this workbook.

2. Protection:
a. Protect Worksheet: Control what types of changes people can make to the current worksheet.

b. Protect Workbook: Prevent unwanted changes to the structure of the workbook. Such as adding worksheet.

There are encryption and protection configure information in the Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml file.

For two note:

1. You may set the “IsWriteProtected” parameter of encryption configuration information to realize note 1.

2. Currently, we do not support note 2.

a. Please give us detail description of your requirement.

b. Such as, did editable columns associate with report item?

c. Does it meet your requirement that points editable column through modifying configuration information?

hi thanks for the reply

a) i would like the entire workbook to be viewable, but locked. it should only be editable with a password. i would then like a certain column to be editable, at all times.

b) i am not sure what you mean. the editable items WOULD be associates with colulmns, in my example

c) sure

thanks

c

Hi,

Thanks for your input and using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services

We have looked into your requirements. We need to implement them.

We have logged your requirements in our database. Once there is some update for you, we will share it with you asap.

Hi,

We have added function for Protect Worksheet.

Please try the fixed version for SSRS2008.

Please reference follow operators.

1. Modify configuration information for protect function at Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml.

<ProtectWorkSheet value=“On”>

<Report name=“YourReportName” >

2. Update Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll file.

a. Copy the Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll file into the following folder : ${MS SQL Server 2008 for Reporting Services installation folder}\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin.

b. Check version.

hi

please provide an SSRS2008 R2 VERSION

thanks

c