Aspose.Total for Java

I am doing some work using the JAVA app and running into issues. Can anyone please provide any information that could help resolve the issues.

The major issues are:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

· Text loss (long labels cut) in Excel spreadsheets

· SmartArt not supported

· Embedded objects not supported

· PPTX format not fully supported

· Complex Excel documents not fully converted

Hi Jason,

I have observed the issues shared by you. I kindly request you to please show the complete details about the issues that you have posted. Please share the following information so that we may proceed further with further investigation on your issues.

• Please share the operations that you are applying to reproduce the issues along with the sample project code. This will help us reproducing and understanding the issues clearly.
  • Please share the source and out put generated by you and highlighting the issues incurred
  • Which version of Aspose.Slide for Java you are using
  • Complete information about the platform on your end
  • Please specify that whether you are using other third party API's on your end as well. If so then please share the information as well.

I also like to share that Smart Art rendering support is currently unavailable in Aspose.Slides for Java and and issue with ID 17994 has already been created in our issue tracking system to provide this feature support.

Please also share details about Embeddded objects and complex excel sheet issues in details. We will really appreciate your cooperation for all this.

Thanks and Regards,

Thanks for the response. I have attached a document that show what we are trying to do and the results.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for sharing the detailed document whereby you have clearly specified the issues that you have encountered while using Aspose.Words, Aspose.Cells, Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.Slides. I will be providing you help for Aspose.Slides related issues and for the rest of products issues, I will request respective developers to do the same.

In the document shared, I have not been able to observe the issue in very first conversion issue in Section 2.4, where there is a table in presentation and its thumbnail is shared to depict the formatting issue.

For Smart Art rendering support, I have already shared with you in my previous post that the said functionality is unavailable in Aspose.Slides for Java at the moment. An issue with ID 17994 has already been created to provide this feature.

You have also mentioned that, "PPTX conversion support is unavailable". Please elaborate this point by clearly specifying what conversion you are referring to and what feature is missing in that.

Moreover, please provide all the requested information shared in my earlier post, so that we may reproduce the issues on our end to further help you out. We will really appreciate your cooperation for this.

I am also moving this thread to Aspose.Total forum as you have highlighted the issues with other Aspose products as well.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi

Thank you for your interest in Aspose products. I am representative of Aspose.Words team.

First of all I would like to note that there are some limitations in HTML export. You can find a list of limitation here:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/save-in-the-html-format.html

Regarding the issue you encountered upon converting Word documents to HTML:

1. Image positioning is sometimes incorrect

Could you please attach your input document here for testing? We will check the issue and provide you more information.

2. Embedded Visio (Excel and other) objects are not shown.

Embedded objects in MS Word documents are usually displayed as metafiles. Probably the problem occurs because Aspose.Words improperly resterize the metafiles. You can try exporting metafiles as is to HTML:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/com/aspose/words/htmlsaveoptions.html#ExportMetafileAsRaster

but in this case, some browsers will not be able to display them.

Anyways, please attach sample document here. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information.

3. Special formatting like Text Box is not supported.

Could you please attach your input document here for testing? We will check the issue and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi Jason,

I am a representative from Aspose.Pdf team. As far as I have understood from the attached sample document, you are facing some issues while converting some PDF documents into Image format. Can you please share the source PDF documents for which you are facing issues, so that we can test the scenario at our end. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

I am a representative from Aspose.Cells team. Seeing your attached sample document, you are facing some issues while converting some Excel files into HTML/PDF format. We recommend you to try our latest version v7.0.1 in which we made several enhancements regarding PDF conversion:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/entry329168.aspx
If you still face any issue, can you please share the source Excel documents for which you are facing issues, also give us your output HTML/PDF documents. So that we can test the scenario at our end.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thread 1:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have observed the issues shared by you. I kindly request you to please show the complete details about the issues that you have posted. Please share the following information so that we may proceed further with further investigation on your issues.

· Please share the operations that you are applying to reproduce the issues along with the sample project code. This will help us reproducing and understanding the issues clearly

è I’m not sure what kind of issues you are referencing here. Do you need the code which run when version verification fails?

o Please share the source and out put generated by you and highlighting the issues incurred

è I’m not sure which source you’re referencing here

o Which version of Aspose.Slide for Java you are using

è aspose.slides-2.5.0-jdk14

· Complete information about the platform on your end

è We’re running on the SAP Portal. What is the underlying platform?

o Please specify that whether you are using other third party API's on your end as well. If so then please share the information as well.

è Nothing related to Aspose conversion

I also like to share that Smart Art rendering support is currently unavailable in Aspose.Slides for Java and and issue with ID 17994 has already been created in our issue tracking system to provide this feature support.

Please also share details about Embeddded objects and complex excel sheet issues in details. We will really appreciate your cooperation for all this.

è Do you need the actual documents with the embedded objects that were not converted?

Hi Jason,

I am sorry if I am unable to convey my point of view. I need to reproduce the issues that you have shared regarding Aspose.Slides and for that I request you to please share the code snippet that we may use to reproduce the issues shared by you. Please also share the input and output presentations so that we may further work on the issues shared by you. Hope it clear the query for you.

Thanks and Regards,

Here is what was provided to me. Please let me know if this helps you with what you need to reproduce.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. Regarding the issues you have upon converting Word documents to HTML.

1. Image positioning is sometimes incorrect

I managed to reproduce this problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue in our defect database. We will let you know once it is resolved.

But you should note that support of floating objects in HTML and Word is very different. So floating objects might cause inconsistency after converting Word to HTML. So I would advise you to avoid using floating objects in your documents if you would like to convert them to HTML.

2. Embedded Visio (Excel and other) objects are not shown.

I cannot reproduce this problem on my side. I used the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java and the following code for testing:

Document doc = new Document("C:\\Temp\\in1.docx");

doc.save("C:\\Temp\\out.html");

I checked the output in IE, Firefox and Chrome browsers.

3. Special formatting like Text Box is not supported.

I cannot reproduce this problem with the latest version of Aspose.Words. You can download it from here:

http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/category1378.aspx

Best regards,

Hi,

I have tested the conversion (Excel-to-HTML) using Aspose.Cells for Java v7.0.1, I could not find any of your mentioned issues (Excel Conversion) mentioned by your “Aspose Conversion Report.doc” and using your Excel files from your attached archive. The long labels in Excel sheets (in different Excel files) are not cut and Multiple complex sheets are also converted fine.

Please use our latest version downloading @:

If you find any issue, let us know with details and screen shots to point out the issues. We will check it soon.

Thank you.

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Times New Roman”;
mso-fareast-font-family:“Times New Roman”;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:
EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>

Hi,

I have worked with the presentations shared by you and have generated the thumbnails using Aspose.Slides for Java 2.6.0. Please try using the specified product version for your further verification. For table in slide 1, I have not been able to observe the formatting issue. For your kind reference, I have shared the generated thumbnail for the table formatting issue. I would request you to please highlight the issue inside it.

For improper chart rendering issue, the issue is no more observed in Aspose.Slides for Java 2.6.0. An issue with ID 30744 has been created in our issue tracking system to resolve the issue of improper images rendering issues. Please share with us, if you still face an issue.

Thanks and Regards,

We’ve recently upgraded to the latest version, and some issues were fixed there.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

However we’re now facing a following technical trouble.

Sometimes during PDF conversion we get the following exception:

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: TextAttribute.TRACKING

at com.aspose.pdf.kit.ko.a(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.pdf.kit.lb.a(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.pdf.kit.io.a(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.pdf.kit.qs.a(Unknown Source)

However the TRACKING field is available since Java 6 only, while we’re using libraries for 1.4

Hi Jason,

Please share the input PDF file along with the complete code snippet which is causing this exception, so we could further investigate the issue. You’ll be updated with the results accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Please find the package attached. <?xml:namespace prefix = u5 /><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

It contains the following:

- The java class with source code that contains a call to the PDF-file conversion (AsposePDFConvertor\src\com\convertor\pdf\);

- The Aspose libraries that we are using (AsposePDFConvertor\lib\);

- Input PDF-file. (AsposePDFConvertor\in\)

Hi Jason,

I have tested this issue using Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java 4.0.0 and JDK 1.4, 1.5 and 6, but I couldn’t reproduce this issue at my end. Could you please make sure that you’re using the latest version of Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java? Also, please see if the sample input PDF file you shared is the file which is causing this problem. If not, please share the actual PDF file. If you find the same issue with the latest version of Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java as well then please share on which OS you’re running your sample application.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and looking forward to help you out.
Regards,

We have verified it and the issue is still with us.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please forward the following to Aspose representatives:

We double checked our example and it is reproduced 100%.

We sent you libraries we are using – you can confirm that they are the latest.

The sample input file is also the correct one.

Now, let me bring your attention to the details.

First, we’re considering Java 1.4 only. To be specific, this is JDK version 1.4.2 that goes together with SAP NetWeaver 7.0.

Exceptions is reproducible on both operating systems, UNIX and Windows.

We have verified that the javax.awt.font.TextAttribute class does not contain field TRACKING, both in JDK included into SAP NetWeaver and the one downloaded directly from Oracle website.

Now, look at the Aspose implementation. To clarify the situation we looked at the decompiled source code and found the place where the exception goes. Please find the screenshot in attachments.

Please ensure that when you reproduce the issue you use Java 1.4 both at design time and at runtime. In fact, you should’ve received compilation error if you use Java 1.4 classes for compilation. Most probably we’re using different Java environments.

Hi Jason,

I have reproduced this issue at my end and logged it as PDFKITJAVA-31424 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this issue and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

I was checking to see if there is any update to the last issue reported?