IsEncrypted is false for .xlsx but true for .xls

For structure protected spreadsheets, the following line of C# code returns false for .xlsx files but true for .xls files. I believe it should return false in both cases because the file is protected not encrypted. I have attached a sample .xlsx and .xls as examples.

Aspose.Cells.FileFormatUtil.DetectFileFormat(filePath).IsEncrypted;

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue using the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.4.1.5
with your sample files and sample code. IsEncrypted is true for xls file but false for xlsx file.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-43649 - IsEncrypted is false for .xlsx but true for .xls

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.4.2.1 and let us know your feedback.

If the structure is protected, MS Excel 97-2007 will encrypt the file with default password.

In this fix , Aspose.Cells have checked whether the password is default.

Hi Shakeel, I can confirm that the hotfix resolves this issue. Are you able to provide an estimate of when this will be available in a standard version of Cells? Thank you for the help.

Hi Dhanraj,

Thank you for the confirmation. Please note, the aforesaid fix will be included in the upcoming major release of Aspose.Cells for .NET 4.5.0, that is scheduled for the mid of June 2015. Once v4.5.0 is available for public use, you will be automatically notified here. However, you may use this hotfix in your production application because it contains all the fixes and enhancements from the previous releases.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43649) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.