Exception Aspose.Cells.Workbook.Save(filename)

Open attached file at Aspose.Cells.Workbook version 8.4.0.0
Save it to file method .Save(FileName)

And throw exception: Ссылка на объект не указывает на экземпляр объекта…
Link to object is nothing

Hi Aleksey,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

We have evaluated your presented scenario while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.4.0, and we are able to observe System.NullReferenceException at Workbook.Save method. We have logged this incident in our bug tracking system under the ticket CELLSNET-43503 for further investigation & correction purposes. Please spare us little time to properly analyze the problem cause, and to provide the fix. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.4.0.3 and let us know your feedback.

Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.4.0.3
open file but show some errors, see attached screenshots.

Hi Aleksey,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have evaluated your recent concerns, and we are able to notice the problem. The latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.4.0.3 does not cause any exception however, the resultant spreadsheet cannot be loaded in Excel without repairing. We have logged this incident in our bug tracking system under the ticket CELLSNET-43518 for further investigation & correction purposes. We will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.4.0.4
and let us know your feedback.

It’s ok!

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with the latest fix. Let us know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43518;CELLSNET-43503) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Open Excel file with
Dim pWorkbook As Aspose.Cells.Workbook = Aspose.Cells.Workbook(filename1)
and save it with pWorkbook.Save(fileName2)

Open file fileName2 with Excel
Select second worksheet
Delete one row from second worksheet
Select 3 worksheet and press RefreshAll (Ctrl+Alt+F5)
All digits will stay the same: 1, 3, 4.

Now repeat all for original file
Open file fileName1 with Excel
Select second worksheet
Delete one row from second worksheet
Select 3 worksheet and press RefreshAll (Ctrl+Alt+F5)
Two digits changed and will stay: 1, 2, 3.

I try it by Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.6.1
And Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.6.0

Hi Aleksey,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

I have checked your presented scenario while following the steps mention in your post. I am afraid, I am not able to observe any difference in the resultant spreadsheet as compared to the original one. Please note, I have tested the scenario against the latest version of the API, that is; Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.6.1.1 at the moment. Please give it a try on your side. In case the problem persists, please provide the source code covering the complete scenario and/or a video showing the exact steps (which rows to delete manually) and the problematic output from your side along with the version of Excel application used for testing.

That said, it would be appropriate to create a new thread for your recent concerns because the title of this thread does not correlate with your recently share scenario. Moreover, it is a good practice to create a new thread for every distinct inquiry/problem to keep the tracking efficient for both of us.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Output Excel of New Version crashes the Microsoft Excel 2016