Can we export excel to ppt?

Hi,

Please find the excel file attached which has the sample grid and chart data this need to be exported to powerpoint file not as an image but as values which can be modified.

Please let me know whether this is possible or not

if possible please let me know your suggestions

Regards,

S.N.Prasad

Hi Prasad,

Thanks for showing interest in Aspose.Slides.

You can export the Excel file as OLE Object to PowerPoint using Aspose.Slides. Please follow this link, where by you will find code snippet of how to export Excel file as on OLE Object in PowerPoint.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion regarding exporting excel chart to ppt.

but in the attached excel file we have 2 sheets

1) Grid data

2) Chart

Please let me know how to export grid data sheet to ppt?

Regards,

S.N.Prasad

Hi,

in the attached excel file we have 2 sheets

1) Grid data

2) Chart as Image

Please let me know how to export the sheet to ppt?

Regards,

S.N.Prasad

Hi Prasad,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

There is no direct method of incorporating Excel file in PPT. However, as I mentioned earlier, you can use OLE Objects for this purpose. Please, follow this link. This gives illustration of different methods available for exporting Excel file to PPT.

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion, using the provided help i had learnt to export chart to power point

but my issue is in exporting a text data (in a sheet i have table contents some images and some text data in a sheet).

I had checked in all the sections of slides help which u had provided and no where it has been mentioned,if i'm wrong please correct me

Please find the attachment of an excel file which has only one sheet,i need to export it to ppt file.

Is it possible? if so please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks for your help

Regards,

S.N.Prasad

Hi,

I tried to open the provided link and got an error as "Access Denied"

Please provide me another link so tht it will help me

Regards,

S.N.Prasad

Hi Prasad,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

1. There is no direct export. You will need Aspose.Cells or another third party component that could read data from your source excel files then you will create tables using Aspose.Slides API(s). See Working with Tables

Another option for you to insert your entire Excel (Worksheets) files as an OLE Object. Please see Working with OLE Object Frames

For sound understanding how it can help you, please see the full working code example from this thread.

Creating Excel chart and embedding them as OLE Object inside a Presentation

1. Aspose.Cells is supposed to work with .xls format regardless of which software created it.

2. If you embed your worksheet as an OLE object, then it should work fine

3. If you embed it as an OLE object, there will be no need to split the rows in number of slides because actual data will be in Excel sheet itself. But if you adopt the Working with Tables method, then you can write logic to split it on number of slides

4. Yes, either ways (using tables or OLE object) you can edit them

5. In any case, you will need Aspose.Cells which will need a separate license. However for better licensing information, you should post your questions at the Aspose.Purchase forum.

Any other help that I can provide, please feel free to share.