AjaxUpdating Sample not working

I have downloaded and installed the Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.Demos.2010 solution.

Using NuGet I have installed AjaxControlToolkit (version 4.1.5116.0) and it is listed under References for the project.
I have a 30 day temporary license file.
EnableAJAX is set to true both in the AjaxUpdating.aspx file and the backing code AjaxUpdating.aspx.cs

I enter values for Height and Weight. I can briefly see the animated image in the bottom right of the spreadsheet, but the values for the BMI and Evaluation are never populated.

I also notice that this same demo on your website doesn’t work:

The animated image is visible there for much longer, but still no updating of the formula cells.

Since I am evaluating your software as a replacement of the Microsoft OWC components we currently use, real-time calculations without post-back are necessary. I need to see this work in order to be able to recommend your product.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting.

We will soon look into this particular demo and update you asap.

Well, I got it working. I remove almost all attributes from the GridWeb object definition in the aspx file and added only id, runat, PresetStyle, MaxRow, Height, Width, and EnableAJAX=“true”. Looks like setting EnableAJAX within the aspx.cs file doesn’t work. Should it?

Now that it is working, I do notice there is a very noticeable pause (about 5 secs) after entering the first value in any cell before I can enter any other values. I am guessing there is some initial AJAX setup that is happening? Is there any way to get this initialized ahead of time so this pause doesn’t happen when the user starts entering data?

I have also defined a save command method to be invoked when the save image is clicked. It works, but there is also a very noticeable pause (again about 5 secs) between when I click the save icon and when the “Loading please wait” dialog is displayed. Is there something that can be done about this? I also have to click this “Loading please wait” dialog in order for it to be removed. Shouldn’t it be removed automatically?

Thank you very much for all your help.

The performance issues I was having seem to have improved. I am not sure yet what made the difference. I believe all I did was to hide one column of totals on my spreadsheet.

I will keep an eye on it and see if it returns.

Hi,

Please make some sample application replicating your problem or illustrating your issues using the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v2.7.2.2002
and post here.

It is important to use latest version because it fixes old problems and newer problems are reported for latest versions only.

We will soon look into it and fix the problems.

Thank you very much for the update. I have applied the latest files and mostly it is working great.

The only outstanding issue at this point is the “Loading, please wait” popup that is displayed when I click the “Save edit result.” image in the spreadsheet footer does not disappear after I have saved, opened, or cancelled the Excel file download dialog.

Is there something special I have to do within the “saveCommand” method in order for this popup to be removed? I copied exactly the code used in the Import/Export demo.

Thank you very much for your help. I am very pleased so far with the product.

Hi,

Please set ShowLoading=“false” and see if it works for you.

<acw:GridWeb ID=“GridWeb1” runat=“server” Width=“630px” Height=“236px” ShowLoading=“false

</acw:GridWeb>

Why, yes, making it never popup certainly does keep it from remaining on the screen after the processing is done.

Thank you.