Aspose.Barcode not working after migrating to IIS8

We are facing an issue with the Aspose.Barcode dll. We have recently migrated a .NET based web application from IIS6 to IIS8. From then on, a web page that should render Barcode images doesn’t display any images.

I am not understanding the root cause of it. The images are displayed on my local machine correctly and even on the website hosted in IIS6. The issue is occurring only on IIS8. I am guessing that the error is being hit at the SetLicense function, are we supposed to make any changes in the code for the license to work on the new IIS8 machine?

Hi Karthic,

No change is required in code. Can you please share which operating system and Aspose.Barcode for .NET version are you using to reproduce the issue?

Best Regards,

Hi Ijaz,

The operating system where the IIS8 (the machine where the issue is occurring) is present is Windows Server 2012.

The version number mentioned in the aspose.barcode license file is this -

<LicenseVersion>2.0</LicenseVersion> 

The edition is this -
Enterprise

Let me know if you need more details. Thanks for your response.

Hi Karthik,

It looks like you are using a very old version of Aspose.Barcode. Please use the latest version i.e. 7.4.0. You can check the version of your DLL by right clicking Aspose.Barcode.dll and selecting Details tab.

Best Regards,

I have downloaded the 7.4.0 version and copied the .net 2.0 framework related aspose.barcode.dll to my solution. I have imported the dll by removing the old dll. I am getting this error -

“Orientations is not a member of Barcode”

at this line of code -

.CodeTextAlignment = Aspose.BarCode.Orientations.East

Another error as -
“Stringbarcd” is not defined.

Can you please help me how to resolve these errors.

Hi Karthik,

Thank you for updating us about the details.

Please share the code sample with us that is creating problem, preferably an executable project. This will help us to analyze the issue.

Hi Ikram,

Thanks for your response.

On building the solution by adding the aspose.barcode.dll (7.4.0 version), a temporary vb file is getting generated as - App_Web_abidyfpq.2.vb.

There are around 10 errors reported in this temp file, I don’t know why a temp file is being generated when building it with the 7.4.0 version of dll.

With the organization restrictions, I don’t think I can share the solution, but can share the code snippets where the errors are reported.

But before that, can you please help me understand why this temporary file is generated.

Hi Karthik,

Thank you for your feedback.

I can share the details about this temp file but for that I need to consult the product team for it. Let me do it. In the mean while, please share the temp file that use to generate while building the solution and the problematic code with us.

Hi Ikram,

I have copied the content of the temporary file into a .text file and attached to this post. Please have a look at it and let me know the steps for resolving the errors.

Thanks

Karthik

Hi Ikram,

Can you please let me know the updates from your product team. Our migration to the IIS8 server has hit a halt because of this aspose issue. Any quick resolution is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Karthik

Hi Karthik,

Please also share your complete code as you are migrating from an older version. Your code will help us update it according to latest version.

Best Regards,

Hi Ijaz,

As it is a proprietary code I am afraid I can’t share the complete code. However, I have attached the Barcode.aspx and the Barcode.aspx.vb pages, I think these should help.

Can you please suggest a resolution or steps which I could try on my own and get back to you if I still face any issues.

Here are some questions from me -

1. Is the aspose.barcode.dll version 2.3.1.1197 not supported for a .net based web application hosted on IIS8 server and Windows 2012 Server?

2. If the answer for the above is yes, then, does the newer version 7.4.0 need to be used with any changes in the code or is this dll downward compatible?

3. Is there any work around to still use the older version 2.3.1.1197 on the IIS8/Windows Server 2012 environment instead of upgrading it to 7.4.0?

Can you also tell me during which time of the day would you be available, so that I will try to get in touch with you that time and we can have a quick chat if needed and work towards the resolution.

Thanks for your help on this!

Regards

Karthik

Hi Ijaz,

I have attached the screenshot of the build errors that I am facing on using the 7.4.0 version of aspose.barcode. I have copied the v3.5 .net framework’s dll to my project solution and built the solution through Visual Studio 2008.

The errors that are reported during the build are shown in the attached screenshot.

All the errors are pointing to the temporary file that was already shared with you in one of the previous posts.

I hope that I have provided all the information I could, regarding the issue. Let me know if you want me to work on some resolution steps.

Thanks

Karthik

Hi Karthik,

We are investigating it further and will share our findings with you soon.

Best Regards,

Hi Ijaz,

Do we have any resolution on this? Thanks for your continued follow-up.

Thanks
Karthik

Hi Karthik,

The investigation is not complete yet. We will try to complete the investigation in a day or two and will update you accordingly.

Best Regards,

Hi Ijaz,
Do we have any update on the resolution? I am sorry for being following up on this constantly. As told earlier, the migration of our application has hit a halt and hence we are trying to find a solution before we get closer to the deadlines.

Thanks for the continued support from you.

Regards
Karthik

Hi Karthik,

Can you please deploy attached sample application on your IIS8 server and share if you see the same issue with this application?

Best Regards,

Hi Ijaz,

Thanks for the solution.

I am facing an error though, looks like the license path is hardcoded in the code. I have attached the screenshot with the stack trace. If it was configurable, I would have changed the path myself, but the path is being mentioned in the webapplication code, only the dll has been given by you for this but not the .cs code.

Can you please change it and send it to me such that the license is picked up from the bin folder.

Thanks

Karthik

Hi Karthik,

Sorry for the confusion. I have attached original application; you can update and publish it according to your environment.

It looks like your page is still using older version of the barcode control. I have used the barcode control from the latest version in this application. I do not see any issue in loading the barcode control on IIS 8 (Windows Server 2012).

Best Regards,