Aspose.CAD hangs loading DWG file

Hello,

Aspose.CAD for .NET 21.1 is hanging when trying to load the attached file:

var image = Aspose.CAD.Image.Load("input.dwg"); // hangs

input.zip (1.3 MB)

This is causing library to lock up. Can this be fixed please?

Thanks

@ast3

I have created a ticket with ID CADNET-1331 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue after reproducing using the latest version. We request for your patience and will share updates with you as soon as issue will be fixed.

Thank you.

Here is another DWG file that does the causes the same bug: input2.zip (114.8 KB)

var image = Aspose.CAD.Image.Load("input2.dwg"); // hangs

Is this the same problem? It is happening with a number of DWG files, and hopefully should be high priority.
Thanks

@ast3

I have associated information in our issue tracking system and we will share the feedback with you as soon as the issue will be fixed.

Hello. Here is a 3rd DWG file that causes the same bug when loading file: input3.zip (281.5 KB). From profiling, it seems to enter an infinite loop. While it is hopefully fixed soon (as it hangs whole library) is there a way to timeout Aspose.CAD.Image.Load?

Thanks

@ast3

I have associated the 3rd file as well with ticket after verification. We will share updates with you as soon as the issue will be fixed.

I have the same problem with a few .dwg files. I can’t share the files because they have sensitive data in them.

@sfackrell2

You can share the source file privately with us by following the guidelines mentioned below and we can investigate that on our end.

Hi, unfortunately I’m not allowed to send any of these drawings, even privately. Hopefully the drawings already provided will be enough to allow you to investigate

@sfackrell2

We shall see if the provided information is sufficient for resolution of the issue. However, in case we will need that then we would request for that.

Hi, if you could let me know if the other .dwg samples provided are sufficient, that would be appreciated. I do have users chasing this issue and I have just been contacted regarding renewing our paid licence and support so it would be good if this was addressed before the renewal. I may be able to get a .dwg with all sensitive information redacted but there won’t be much left in it and critically it may then no longer exhibit the problem

@sfackrell2

Can you please try using latest Aspose.CAD for .NET 20.2 on your end. The issue related to hanging API was fixed. However in your files, during loading we have observed the issue related to special types of splines that are not supported. For that, a ticket has been added internally to completely resolve the issue.

Hello,

I’ve tested some files that hanged while loading under v 21.1, and they now load under v 21.2 - so the bug I was encountering appears fixed.

Thanks!

@ast3

It’s good to know that things are fixed on your end.

Similarly, our failing files are now OK (their layouts can now be read) in v21.2.0. Will update after running all of the other tests but looking good. Thank you.

@sfackrell2

It’s good to know that latest version seems to have get things going on for you.