ASPOSE.Cells for ASP

Received : 2007/11/20 06:41:08

I am using Aspose.Cells. I will be replacing the Excel Writer and get ASPOSE working in place of it.

I had done the following code changes which work fine and give me the required results in terms of populating the Excel sheet from a Record Set.

But I have a problem.
Kindly have a look at the following Snap Shot and other details in theASPOSE_Issue.doc file attached.

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi,

Please find attahced the ASPOSE_Issue.doc file giving the details of my issue.

Thanks,

DOSHI

Hi,

Please find attahced the ASPOSE_Issue.zip file giving the required files pointed by me in the ASPOSE_Issue.doc file related to my issue.

Please let me know if any other details are required.

Please respond to this as early as possible as it is really very urgent for me to solve this.

Thanks,

DOSHIS

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

It seams that you are using some custom colors and not the standard colors like Red, Green, Black, Blue, White, Yellow. Just for a test, Could you use these colors to format the background fill / foreground colors of the header rows and then run your code to produce the excel file.

Thank you.

Hi,

Can you please let me know the changes in my code.

I am not able to understand the changes and also I don't think the color is done using the code.

Can you please check the same with the files I provided and let me know the same.

Regards,

DOSHIS.

Hi,

Well, I have checked your code a bit, it seams fine to me. Related setting colors i just want you to set headers color with standard colors in the template file using MS Excel (Opening the template file in MS Excel). Actually I want you to do this for color lost issue.

I have attached a test project which works fine here, The zip file which contains .asp file, Northwind1.mdb and a template excel file. I extract some fields from Employees table and process the smart markers to fill data into the sheet. Please check the template file for specifying how to place multivalued variables markers first and explore the code and then make your own solution (template file + code (.asp file)) based on this test project.

For deployment, you need to put .asp and Northwind1.mdb files into.....Inetpub\wwwrooot\ folder. Open the brower and write url: `http://localhost/filldata.asp`. And also put the template file mbook1.xls into ....d:\test\ folder or change into the .asp file code.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Actually I had crossed checked the files that I had sent you for review.

Sorry for this. But I will be sending you the new files in few minutes. Kindly check the same and let me know what can be done for the possible solution.

Sorry for this rework.

Kindly help me on this.

Regards,

DOSHIS

Hi Amjad,

Please find attached the ASPOSE_Issue.zip file which also consists of the ASPOSE_Issue.doc file which gives the details of my issue.

Please look into the files: Before and After the changes. This are new and correct files. Names are same.

Please respond as soon as possible.

Kindly help me resolving this one.

Regards,

DOSHIS

Which version of Aspose.Cells are you using?

I think you don’t need to change your code. You just need to format your headers to gray as Amjad suggested.

Hi DOSHIS,

Please change your smarter marker as "&=oRsBudget.name(numeric)". See attached file.

Hi laurence,

I am using ASPOSE.Cells 4.3.0.0 vrsion.

Regards,

DOSHIS

Hi warren,

I am not sure as to only changing smarter marker as "&=oRsBudget.name(numeric)" ??

But I will try this and revert back.

Regards,

DOSHIS

Hi DOSHIS,

Sorry! I am wrong. I think you will set dataset or datatable as data source. Amjad told me there is not such classes and only array as data source. Now i know you why you use "&=$oRsBudget.name" as smarter marker. But we do not support "numeric" option for single Variable and MultiVariable. We will support it soon. Thanks for your patience.

Hi Warren,

Please let me know what do you mean by we do not support 'numeric' for single Variable and Multivariable.Do you mean that my issue cannot be solved by ASPOSE team in the current scenario or if that is not the case let me know what is the possible solution to my issue at the current state.

Please help me on this. Please reply ASAP as this urgent.

Regards,

DOSHIS

Dear DOSHIS,

Well, please don't bother! your issue is quite simple and can be performed. Warren means to say in Classic Asp, there is no direct way to utilize the dataset or datatable (.NET) objects which is demanded by the one version of WorkbookDesigner.SetDataSource() method to provide it as a datasource. In Classic Asp, we have only Recordset object which can be used to manipulate database data using some scripting language like vb script. The sample solution which I have posted in my previous post, please check it first, check the template file which describes how you can place smart markers (multi-valued variables array.....e.g., &=$MyField1). Also check the code in .asp file which will express how will you write code. Please run my solution too to get the work done. So, you may create your own solution based on this.

Alternatively, I think you may create a .NET Wrapper class to utilize all the APIs of Aspose.Cells. You may call this wrapper class in .asp file using vbscript.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

I had tried your code but this is not helping me in my issue.

Also, the creation of .NET wrapper (I am unaware of this) is not possible in my case as this is a completely ASP application.

Kindly, help me find a resolution to my issue.

Regards,

~DOSHIS

Hi,

Please try this fix.

Please set the smart marker as "&=$oRsBudget.name(numeric)".

Hi Warren,

I have already tried adding 'numeric' to my smart markers. but this does not seem to work. As also pointed previously that 'nnumeric' is not supported.

Please let me know with some other solution.

Regards

~DOSHIS

Hi ,

Could you post your changed template file?