Aspose Cells issue (last character truncated)

Help.

My Name is Aurelio Arango.
Right now we are in a trial period using Aspose Cells.
We are in the middle of Integral Testing and we ara having trouble with text values being truncated in its last character.
Please, contact me as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Aurelio.

Hi,

I think your columns’ width is not in accordance with your cells contents, so some of your characters are not shown, you may confirm this in MS Excel manually. I think you may either extend your columns’ width or apply auto-fit operation upon the columns/rows.
See the topics for your complete reference:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Adjusting+Row+Height+and+Column+Width
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/AutoFit+Rows+and+Columns

If you have some other issue, please elaborate it more and give us your sample file(s) and code to reproduce the issue on our end. We will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad!

First of all, thank you so much for your response and help. I apologize for not answering before, but I was expecting to receive an email. I talked with sales people reporting I needed help and I was informed my issue has been replied.

Let me tell you that we have not been able to solve the issue. I have attached a zip file with 5 documents. File 0 is an excel file and it is the source document. File 1 is a PDF that was generated using Office Excel printed with an Amyuni virtual printer (http://www.amyuni.com), this is what we expect to achieve with Aspose. File 2,3 and 4 are all wrong. File 2 was generated wirh Aspose directly using a saved method. Here you can see that the text is truncated ("LAMINADO EN CALIENTE SIN COSTUR" instead of "LAMINADO EN CALIENTE SIN COSTURA"). Actually the text is there (the letter "A"), If you copy the text and paste it, you will see it, but in the PDF appears truncated. This is the main issue we want to solve. This portion of the excel file it is the one that is not working fine, you can see other text truncated also. File 3 is another attempt, this file was generated with Aspose (manipulation of data) and printed to PDF wit amyuni. It is wrong too. Here you can not select the text, it is just truncated also. File 4 was generated with options you mentioned in your reply. It did not work also.

Amjad, I can not tell you how important is for me to solve this issue. I really do not want to have Office suite in our windows server 2008 (we are migrating this solution from a windows 2000 that consistently crashes and I think is due to automation issues).

Now it is urgent for me to solve this problem.

I am looking forward to hear from you as soon as you are able to.

Please, I await for your reply.

Best regards,

Aurelio

Hi,

Thanks for the sample files.

After an initial test, Using our latest version v7.4.1, I can notice the issue as you have mentioned, some last characters are truncated a bit (in some words) in the output PDF generated by Aspose.Cells APIs. The PDF file should look like the same as per the print preview shown in MS Excel for the sheet.

Sample code:

Workbook wb = new Workbook(@“e:\test2\0. Excel Source.xls”);
wb.Save(“e:\test2\0. Excel Source_test.pdf”);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41444” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try the attached fix/version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.1.2, we have fixed your issue now.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41444) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.