Aspose.Imaging license support

Hi,
My company purchased Aspose.Total for .NET 4-5 years ago. We renewed subscription once, and did not again since. I am the only developer utilizing your API, and used mostly Aspose.PDF, Aspose.Words and Aspose.Email. Few days ago, I needed to use Aspose.Imaging to convert images(tiff, jpg, png) to pdf, and to stamp it with the date. I get a stamp in the upper left corner stating that pdf document was created using Aspose evaluation copy. I could not find original Aspose.Imaging.dll assembly since this is my new PC. I downloaded a copy from your site that is a version 2.8, dated 12/30/2014, but I still get Evaluation copy stamp. My Aspose.Total license expiration date was 20160508.
Can someone help me please?

Thanks,
Goran

@goran_djordjevic,

Can you please try using Aspose.Imaging for .NET 3.5.0 that has been released on 11 April, 2016 and is the last latest version released before expiry of your license. Can you please try the suggested version and see if this works on your end on or you still get watermark. I am assuming that you are properly setting license for Aspose.Imaging in your application.

Thank you. Unfortunately it is still the same. I am trying to convert a tif file and msg file to pdf and join them together in one pdf document. That works, except that I see eveluation copy stamp, but only on pages that were converted from tif. msg file does NOT have the stamp. This is how I set the licenses:

Public licEmail As Aspose.Email.License = New Aspose.Email.License()
Public licWords As Aspose.Words.License = New Aspose.Words.License()
Public licPdf As Aspose.Pdf.License = New Aspose.Pdf.License()
Public licImaging As Aspose.Imaging.License = New Aspose.Imaging.License()

licEmail.SetLicense("Aspose.Total.lic")
    licWords.SetLicense("Aspose.Total.lic")
    licPdf.SetLicense("Aspose.Total.lic")
    licImaging.SetLicense("Aspose.Total.lic")

Thank you

@goran_djordjevic,

Please provide a working sample project with versions of Aspose.Email, Aspose.Words, Aspose.PDF and Aspose.Imaging in it. If there is any license expiry or other there is exception thrown. Please provide the source file and output image file with evaluation mark on it. I will verify that on my end to help you further if there is any issue with license or not. A suggestion for you is to please try loading license independently on your end and try to load and save any file. Then observe if you still get watermark or not.

Thank you Mudassir!
Here is the sample VS project to show you what the problem is. I included tiff file, email msg file and also a resulting pdf which I get when I convert those two. Another issue is that, I can apply stamp on email pdf page but not on pdf that is converted from tiff file. Could not include Aspose.pdf.dll because it was making the zip file too large to upload.AsposeTestConsole.zip (8.7 MB)

Thank you,

Goran

@goran_djordjevic,

Can you please share which version of Aspose.PDF you have used in your application as there is no reference for that.

Aspose.pdf.dll version 10.3.0.0 dated 4/4/2015
Thank you,
Goran

@goran_djordjevic,

The license and API version that you have used are pretty much old. But still, I have created an investigation ticket with ID IMAGINGNET-4059 to see why there is Aspose.Imaging watermark appearing in generated PDF. We will share the feedback with you as soon as the issue will be addressed.

Thank you Mudassir!
On another topic if I may. Any idea on how to test the tiff and pdf files for quality/readability, We have members uploading pdf and tiff/jpg documents, and we would like to have process that will programmatically check if files are readable/legible(I am talking about text), how much shading/blur/noise etc. to establish some kind of metrics that we would go by in deciding whether to accept it or reject it. Any ideas how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Goran

@goran_djordjevic,

Can you please elaborate the requirements that what you expect from API to offer you in your scenario. Please share the scenario in the form of snapshot too so that we may understand the issue on our end.

Mudassir,
I am attaching few samples. I want to develop a process that will examine these images/pdfs programmatically, and determine if they can be read/used, are they to dark/light(too much shading) etc. For example, attached images would all be classified as bad. Is there any particular methods in Aspose.PDF and Aspose.imaging that have metrics that can help me with this. I know it would not be possible to determine with 100% accuracy, but if we can eliminate 50-60 % bad images that would be great.

Thanks,

GoranDoc Jun 15 2020_Part3.pdf (729.0 KB)
Doc Jun 15 2020_Part4.pdf (604.2 KB)
Doc Jun 15 2020_Part5.pdf (525.5 KB)

@goran_djordjevic,

The files shared are PDF files and related to Aspose.PDF. I will request concerned team to share its feedback over it. But for TIFF images or other JPEG images that you have earlier mentioned, please share the examples and elaboration so that I may log investigation ticket w.r.t Aspose.Imaging as well.

Thanks Mudassir. I will try to fund some and upload them.

Goran

@goran_djordjevic

We will be looking forward to hear further from you.

Mudassir,
We just renewed our subscription for Aspose.Total for .NET and I am still getting Evaluation stamp printed when I convert from images to pdf. It was fine for a week or so and then it started out of the blue again Why is so complicated to use set the right license. I placed new Aspose.Total.lic file is in my bin directory.
I use following code to set it:

Public licEmail As Aspose.Email.License = New Aspose.Email.License()
     Public licWords As Aspose.Words.License = New Aspose.Words.License()
     Public licPdf As Aspose.Pdf.License = New Aspose.Pdf.License()
     Public licImaging As Aspose.Imaging.License = New Aspose.Imaging.License()

licPdf.SetLicense(“Aspose.Total.lic”)
        licWords.SetLicense(“Aspose.Total.lic”)
        licEmail.SetLicense(“Aspose.Total.lic”)
        licImaging.SetLicense(“Aspose.Total.lic”)

Please help,

Thanks,

Goran

@goran_djordjevic,

Can you please share response related to following post.

Please provide the new license file privately with us by sending message along with source files, used sample code and generated output for concerning API.

Thanks Mudassir! DO you want me to upload the license file along with code and tiff samples?

@goran_djordjevic,

Yes, please provide a workable example along with source file that we may use on our end to help you further.

Mudassir,

After resetting references 3 times, it is working now.
Very strange.

Thanks,

Goran

@goran_djordjevic

We have verified using Aspose.Imaging 2.8 and 3.2 with your license. All works OK and resulting image does not contain watermark. Moreover, if there is still an issue then it seems to be an issue related to Aspose.PDF (maybe integration issue) and we may not fix it w.r.t Aspose.Slides. Aspose.Imaging works correctly with this license.