Aspose PDF 23.4.0 Issue with Document.Save

image.png (6.9 KB)

@wellpoint,

Could you please post your sample code and sample document(s) (if any) to reproduce the issue on our end. We will evaluate your issue soon.

here is the failing line of code it is in a large console app (framework 4.7.1)
imageDoc.Save(wstream, Aspose.Pdf.SaveFormat.Doc)

it works fine locally the failure is on Windows 2019 server

@wellpoint

Please share your sample document for our reference if you are try to perform conversion into Word format. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

This document is a claim form containing PHI – I don’t believe I can share it.
I also don’t believe it is the document itself that is causing the problem since it is working fine on my local windows 10 laptop. It only fails when I run it on the windows 2019 server.
if you look at the screen shot you can see that the error is happening on the document.save method but for some reason it is invoking a path.combine which should not be needed since the path and filename have already been supplied.-- the failure is actually there in that path.combine

@wellpoint

Please try to verify and compare with your system that all Windows Fonts are properly installed and present in the environment where issue is occurring. The stack trace is encrypted and it is quite hard to guess the reason behind this issue. It could be related to the missing fonts. Is this issue happening with all type of PDFs on Windows 2019 Server?

No interestingly the document.save method works fine is the save type is PDF. However if I set the saveformat to doc it throws the error. Unfortunately I really need it saved as a .Doc or .Docx

@wellpoint

Please try Using the DocSaveOptions Class and see if it works or any change in exception message happens.

I just did that and got the exact same error message

Also there are many fonts that are on my local laptop but not on the server. According to the server guy there is not bulk install for these so I need to know specifically which fonts need to be installed to support this.

@wellpoint

We suggest and recommend you install all 14 MS Core Fonts in the system to get maximum support. Please try to install these fonts in the system where issue is happening and let us know if it resolves your issue.

I am not sure what you mean by 14 core fonts. This is the list of fonts installed on our server. Can you tell me what we don’t have that is needed.

I tried to paste a screenshot but it didn’t take is thereFonts list.png (92.5 KB)

@wellpoint

It looks like that all windows fonts are already present and installed in the system. We are afraid that we cannot comment further on this issue without having a sample document. We need that document in order to determine and investigate possible reasons of the exception it is causing. If you cannot share it publicly, you can share it in a private message so that we can further proceed accordingly. image.png (15.7 KB)

how do I share it privately

I was able to get a document mocked up – same doc but with dummy data that I can share.
here is is.IMG.PDF (147.9 KB)

@wellpoint

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFNET-54563

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

So does this mean you were able to reproduce the issue based on the document I submitted?

How do I monitor the status of this issue so that I have an idea when this might be resolved. I have an application that depends on this functionality that needs to be implemented in the next month. Can I get any idea of timeframe when this might be addressed?

@wellpoint

We were not able to reproduce the issue in Windows environment. However, we noticed that the formatting of output DOCX was completely disturbed. We have logged this ticket in order to further investigate the case in different environments i.e. Windows Server 2019. We will perform investigation on first come first serve basis and as soon as we make some progress towards ticket resolution, we will inform you via this forum thread. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I was actually attempting to convert to .doc not docx