We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose.Psd for .NET - Strange image manipulation on 'Save' and error opening a file

Hi,

There are 2 situations that I’d like to request your help with:

1. Transparency added on basic load/save

I have an image that was manipulated using Aspose.PSD and its background was automatically manipulated without doing anything on my end.

This is the effect automatically applied (original on the left)

image (2).jpg (190.9 KB)

I’m not sure if it’s clear, but some sort of transparency was automatically added by Aspose.
This is a sample code that causes this behavior:

public static void func(string filePath)
{
    using (Aspose.PSD.FileFormats.Psd.PsdImage image = (Aspose.PSD.FileFormats.Psd.PsdImage)Aspose.PSD.Image.Load(filePath))
    {
        image.Save();
    }
}

I’m not exactly sure what’s happening, since everything seems normal with this image.

A relevant note: this happened in a PSD file with multiple layers. In order to test this, I copied the affected layer into a new PSD file, ran the same code and got the same result.

I’ll gladly share the file with Aspose’s team via Direct Message.

2. This compression method is not supported: ZipWithoutPrediction

I’m getting this error when trying to open a specific file.
This file has been previously manipulated via Aspose.PSD, but I’m not exactly sure what caused this problem.

My question is: is there any chance that Aspose is able to correctly open this file? And if not, could you please clarify what the problem is, so that I can figure out how to prevent this from happening in the first place?

I’ll also be able to share this file via Direct Message.

Thanks in advance!

@Pushbutton

1. Could you please provide source file via direct message to me. Also, you can attach the file to this topic, it will be only accessible by Aspose Team.
  2. What version of Aspose.PSD do you use? We fixed the similar bug in Aspose.PSD 21.8: https://docs.aspose.com/psd/net/aspose-psd-for-net-21-8-release-notes/ Anyway, could you please share source file via direct message or forum attachments.

Hi DmitriySorokin,

Thank you for the quick reply!

I’m currently using Aspose.PSD for .NET 21.12.0.

I’ll share both files via Direct Message in a moment.

Thanks!

@Pushbutton I make an investigation of reported issues. I can confirm them both. Were created the following bugs:

1. PSDNET-1071: Aspose.PSD can’t open PSD (RGB/16bit) with ZipWithoutPrediction compression
  2. PSDNET-1072: Incorrect transparency on saving of PSD file (RGB/16bit) on export to 8bit

All these issues are related to 16 bit processing. The planned release where it will be fixed is 22.2 or 22.3.

At this moment I can suggest to you the following

1. Resave “Unprocessable.psd” in any PSD Editor and then try to open it with Aspose.PSD again. It helped me. It looks like different editors save it differently and Aspose.PSD doesn’t cover all cases.
  2. Convert files from 16bit to 8bit quality if it’s not critical for you. It will lead to the quality loss.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply!

I also appreciate your suggestions, but as I unfortunately cannot follow them, I’ll wait for the fixes.