Aspose.Total for .Net License not working

Hi,

We’ve purchased the license of Aspose.Total for .NET (Developer Small Business 1 year) on 12/17/19 which is a perpetual license type. However, it is showing us the license status as expired.

Another issue is that, even on having license type as perpetual, when we’re using Aspose.Cell library in our application we’re getting the following message Evaluation Only. Created with Aspose.Cells for .NET.Copyright 2003 - 2020 Aspose Pty Ltd. as an additional worksheet in excel on download sporadically.

Please can someone support and help us resolve the issue. We can provide more details in private conversion about order ID, license details and issue details, etc.

Thanks

@porbistech,

Please note, when you purchase the license for Aspose APIs, you can use this license with any Aspose for .NET API version for the next whole year before your subscription expiry date. It looks you are using any (Aspose .NET API) version which is released after your license expiry date. So, your license is expired to use newer version(s) or the API(s). This is expected behavior. Please also note, your license will never expire if you continue to use any Aspose for .NET API version which is released before your license expiry date. You can even open your license file into notepad (please do not edit/update your license least it will not work anymore) and check license expiry date for confirmation.

In short, you should upgrade your subscription (please contact sales team in Aspose.Purchase forum) and get newer license to be used in your application.

It looks your licensing code is not processed at all which should be processed at least onetime in the application life cycle at the start before using any other Aspose.Cells API. Or you do not set the license for Aspose.Cells for .NET in your code. When the right licensing code is processed and you are using newer version of the API, you should get license expired error message.

If you still could not sort it out, kindly do provide us your license file (via a private message). See the topic on How to Send License File to Support Team.

Hi Amjad,

I’ve sent you the license file via a private message with all the necessary details. Please can you support us for the same.

Thanks

@porbistech,

We received your license via private message.

As we told you earlier, it looks like your licensing code is not processed at all or you do not set your license in code properly (see the document on Licensing on how to set license in code). Please note, the licensing code should be processed at least one time in the whole application life cycle at the start and before using any other Aspose.Cells API. Could you create a separate console (demo) VS.NET application (the application should have licensing code to refer to your license file at the start) that generates a sample “hello world” type Excel workbook. Please do not include license file (since you have already provided) and Aspose.Cells.Dll in your project. Please zip the project and attach it here, we will it soon.

Hi,

As suggested, I’ve sent you a sample code zip file via private message.

Thanks

@porbistech,

Thanks for the sample project.

I did test your exact project by opening it into VS.NET. I executed and it works fine. The generated file does not include the evaluation worksheet. Please find attached the output file (generated by your project/sample code) on my end. The output file is fine tuned.
files1.zip (5.8 KB)

Hi,

Thanks for the response, however, we’re still not able to resolve this issue. We’re getting evaluation warnings using the same license file. Please can you suggest to us some quick options which we investigate in our solution.

Thanks

@porbistech,

Now that is strange as you still find the issue and we do not find your issue using your exact sample project with your license file. Please open the generated Excel file into MS Excel we attached in the previous reply. Do you see any issue with it?

Do you mean you get evaluation warning exception or you get evaluation warning sheet in your output Excel file? If you do get evaluation warning (exception) message, give us the exact message. Even I just added a line:

//Check if license is set.
Console.WriteLine("Licesee is set: " + ExcelFileWorkbook.IsLicensed);

to your code, recompile and run it. It works fine and license is set properly as per the console output. The output file has no evaluation worksheet. Also, there is no evaluation warning while running the code. See the screenshot attached to get console output display when running your project.
sc_shot1.png (85.5 KB)

I guess you are not using the exact project and license file you shared with us via private message(s). Or your original project is different. For confirmation, please extract the same “TestAspose.zip” archive (you shared via private message) into some file path. Now open the “TestAspose.sln” into your VS.NET and run it (you may embed the line as I suggested above to check if license is set or not). Please capture the screens (while running the project) to create a demo video to capture everything, zip the video and share it here. Also, share your output Excel file with us. We will check it soon.