Aspose.Total License Stopped Working for Aspose.Cells

Hello,

We’ve been utilizing Aspose.Cells 22.4.0 with a metered license type in our application for some time now. Unexpectedly, our Aspose license has started encountering issues, where it fails to be set properly and throws exceptions when calling the .SetMeteredKey() method. It’s important to note that we haven’t made any changes to our license keys, nor have we deployed any updates. The exception being thrown is System.InvalidOperationException: ‘Authentication failed.’ . Consequently, all reports generated by our application now contain an “Evaluation only” watermark, which is critical for our clients.

How we can fix this issue?

Thank you!

@DatassentialAP,

We need to test your mentioned issue using your metered licensing on our end. Could you please share complete stack trace of Authentication failed error. Also send me your public and private keys through a private message by clicking on my name icon and then pressing the Message button. We will evaluate your issue soon.

@DatassentialAP,

I got the public and private keys from your posted private message.

I did test your scenario/case using your keys and I was able to reproduce the issue/exception as you mentioned by using the following sample code with your public and private keys for metered licensing.
e.g.
Sample code:

//Set metered public and private keys
Aspose.Cells.Metered metered = new Aspose.Cells.Metered();
//Access the SetMeteredKey property and pass public and private keys as parameters
metered.SetMeteredKey("aspoxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx2", "AmzDxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_");//exception

//Instantiate a new Workbook
Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
//Check if the license is set
Console.WriteLine(workbook.IsLicensed);
workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells["A1"].PutValue("Hello World!");
workbook.Save("g:\\test2\\out1.xlsx");

//Get the Consumption quantity
decimal amountBefore = Aspose.Cells.Metered.GetConsumptionQuantity();
Console.WriteLine(amountBefore);

We require thorough evaluation of your issue. We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in support policies.
Issue ID(s): CELLSNET-55141

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

@DatassentialAP,

Could you please give a try to your scenario/case again. It works fine on our end now. Your metered licensing with your provided public and private keys is working fine.

Let us know your feedback?

Now it’s functioning on our side as well. However, occasionally (not for the first time), we encounter this issue, which is particularly troublesome, especially in production. Perhaps you could close the ticket, but I suggest conducting a more thorough investigation. If this issue recurs, I’ll be sure to inform you. Thank you!

@DatassentialAP,

Thanks for your feedback.

And, it’s good to know that it’s working on your end.

Sure, we will try to look into the details of the problem. We will take all measures into consideration and involve the responsible team with metered servers to investigate the issue and ensure that it does not occur again.

1 Like