Aspose word to PDF : Column break turning to page break

Hello,

We recently upgrade our Aspose.word version from 10.4.0 to 22.4.0.

Since the update, we have a different behaviour when we save our Word document to PDF : the “column break” seems to turn into a “page break” (see the initial word doc and the pdf result in the attachement).
Modèles facture MEP KO.docx (44.3 KB)
Result KO.pdf (92.8 KB)
image.png (18.7 KB)

When we save in word format it renders as expected and we didn’t have the problem before the update.

How do you explain that and do you have a work around (with the saveOption for exemple) to fix this?

If it could help, i find this issue who seems to be the same problem in Aspose 10.6.0 resolved in Aspose.words 11.3.0 ( WORDSNET-5811).

Thanks for advance.

@Valinformatique Thank you for reporting the problem to us. For a sake of correction it has been logged as WORDSNET-24282. We will keep you updated and let you know once it is resolved or we have more information for you.

Hello @alexey.noskov,
Thank you for your response.
Meanwhile, if you have a work around let me know beacause it is realy urgent and we would like to avoid a rollback to the version 10.4.0.

Thanks for advance.

@Valinformatique Unfortunately, I cannot suggest you a workaround at the moment. Currently, the issue is the queue for analysis. Once it is done, we will provide you more information.

Hello @alexey.noskov,

If it can help, i found that the issue appeared exactly in the version 22.1.0.
I try many versions, and if i load the template with the version 21.12.0 or versions below i have one page like expected.
You can easly reproduce the probleme with our template and this code :

string l_path = $"{AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory}/TemplateWord/{a_cTemplateName}";
byte[] l_data = File.ReadAllBytes(l_path);
MemoryStream l_memoryStream = new MemoryStream(l_data);
var l_documentAspose = new Document(l_memoryStream);            
Assert.AreEqual(1, l_documentAspose.PageCount);

Let me know when you fix this issue.

Thanks for advance.

@Valinformatique Thank you for additional information. I have forwarded this information to our development team.