Aspose.Words for JasperReport no real Bullet List in Word after Export and Backgroundcolour can't reset to white

I use the trial Version Aspose Words for Jasper Reports. I installed aspose.words.jasperreports-21.4.0-6.4.2-6.4.3.jar in JasperServer Version 6.4.2 and I can convert my JasperReport to Word. But somethings went wrong with Export. List Elements are not really Bullet Lists in Word and Background Colour never change to white or transparent when backgroundcolour change for example to yellow. The JasperServer makes everything fine but the export to word has mistakes

here the Example: It’s a text field marked up as HTML:

"TESTTEXT " + 
"<span style=\"background-color:yellow;\"> 30.000 in yellow</span>" + 
"<span style=\"background-color:white;\"> this part is white it means without background-colour </span>" +
"<span style=\"background-color:red;\"> this part is red </span>" +
"<span style=\"background-color:blue;\"> this part is blue </span>" +
"<span style=\"background-color:transparent;\"> this part is transparent </span>" 

and here the example for the list, that should be a bullet list in word (it’s with ul and li HTML-Text):

"<span style=\"display:left\"><ul>"+
"<li> wo zutreffend: die Förderung von Nachwuchsführungskräften aus xxx durch besondere Programmangebote (Internationale Klimaschutzstipendien) und/oder (Bundeskanzler-Stipendien) oder weitere besondere Programmangebote für spezielle Zielgruppen, wo zutreffend;</li>"+
"<li> den Ausbau und die Pflege eines Netzwerks der Alumni der Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung in xxx und der Region sowie die langfristige Förderung von wissenschaftlichen Kontakten der Alumni mit Fachkolleg*innen in Deutschland;</li></ul></span>"

I use the trial Version Aspose Words for Jasper Reports. I installed aspose.words.jasperreports-21.4.0-6.4.2-6.4.3.jar in JasperServer Version 6.4.2 and I can convert my JasperReport to Word. But somethings went wrong with Export. List Elements are not really Bullet Lists in Word and Background Colour never change to white or transparent when backgroundcolour change for example to yellow. The JasperServer makes everything fine but the export to word has mistakes

here the Example: It’s a text field marked up as HTML:

"TESTTEXT " + 
"<span style=\"background-color:yellow;\"> 30.000 in yellow</span>" + 
"<span style=\"background-color:white;\"> this part is white it means without background-colour </span>" +
"<span style=\"background-color:red;\"> this part is red </span>" +
"<span style=\"background-color:blue;\"> this part is blue </span>" +
"<span style=\"background-color:transparent;\"> this part is transparent </span>" 

and here the example for the list, that should be a bullet list in word (it’s with ul and li HTML-Text):

"<span style=\"display:left\"><ul>"+
"<li> wo zutreffend: die Förderung von Nachwuchsführungskräften aus xxx durch besondere Programmangebote (Internationale Klimaschutzstipendien) und/oder (Bundeskanzler-Stipendien) oder weitere besondere Programmangebote für spezielle Zielgruppen, wo zutreffend;</li>"+
"<li> den Ausbau und die Pflege eines Netzwerks der Alumni der Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung in xxx und der Region sowie die langfristige Förderung von wissenschaftlichen Kontakten der Alumni mit Fachkolleg*innen in Deutschland;</li></ul></span>"

@sdenning Could you please attach your jrxml and jrprint files along with your output document generated on your side? We will check the issue and provide you more information.

ASPOSE.zip (56.9 KB)
What do you mean with jrprint files? I generated the documents from JasperServer with the Export-Button after generated the document in JasperServer. On document with “as DOCX” and the other with “DOC - Word Document via ASPOSE.Words”.

Laendersachstand as jrprint.zip (5.3 KB)

Forget the zips before. Take this zip now. Here are the documents generated with Aspose and without, the jrpint file and the .jrxml file.ASPOSE_Test_Report.zip (24.8 KB)

@sdenning We are working on your request and will reply to you soon.

@sdenning This looks like a missed feature, which is logged as WORDSJR-313. We will let you know once this is supported. Please see the following article to learn about know limitations of Aspose.Words for JasperReport.

Hi, here is a little reminder. What’s the status?

@sdenning Unfortunately, the issue is not resolved yet. We will keep you updated and let you know once it is resolved or we have more information for you.

Just wanted to see if this task is still in the pipeline? I noticed my bullet lists broke when I went from iReport to Jasersoft Studio and aspose 19.12 to 22.12.
Mine was also made with html and <ul> <li> tags. Have a workaround to show unicode \u2022 but it doesnlt make it into a real list as it did before.

@marten.carlzon The issue is still in the roadmap, but is not yet resolved. Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Okay, just wanted to check the status, will be watching this thread for any progress. Keep up the great work! \o/

1 Like