Assign and Validate Digital Signatures

Hi,

Does Aspose.Cells for Java support assigning and validating of digital signatures?

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

I have looked into this issue and found, it is not currently supported by Aspose.Cells for Java.

However, Aspose.Cells for .NET does support it.

For your reference, please see this document.

Hi,

We use Java.

Do you have assigning & validating digital signatures feature in TODO list to implement in near time frame?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSJAVA-40247 into our internal Issue tracking system as a new feature. We will look into it soon. Once we have any update on it (e.g ETA, other information etc.), we will let you know.

Thank you.
Hi,

Are you going to implement this feature in this year?

Thanks.
Hi,

Well, we have looked into it. It is a complicated feature to be supported in Java because currently, there is not any existing public resource and APIs set for Java language for such a feature. I am afraid, the algorithm is supported by .Net itself, but not supported by Java itself.

Anyways, we will further investigate it later on, but one thing is sure, it may not be supported in near future though. Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

I have Googled to find out public resource and API for this feature and have found that Apache POI has implemented it. The following SVN commit initially includes this feature:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?revision=824836&view=revision

Comment states the following “Added implementation of Digital Signature support”. Seems that it can be ported in short time frame.

We want to use Aspose.Cells in a new project at the end of this year.

Could you include implementation of this feature in short plan of product enhancement?

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the details and sharing the link.

We have logged it into our database against your issue “CELLSJAVA-40247”. Our concerned developer will look into it and we will get back to you soon.

Thank you.
Hi,

Have you reviewed implementation of the feature from Apache POI?

Could you provide any time frame for implementation of this option in Aspose.Cells for Java?

We should prepare final draft of the project estimation that includes Aspose.Cells usage with this feature supplied.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

I am afraid, we do not have any update for you at this moment. However, I have logged your comments against the issue id: CELLSJAVA-40247

Once, there is some update or ETA for you, we will share it with you asap.

Have you investigated Apache POI implementation?

Do you have any plans to add this feature?

Hi,

We have made progress to implement the feature. We are scheduled to release the feature in / before the second quarter of 2013 (Q2 2013).

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here immediately.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have already supported digital signature in Aspose.Cells java
version.

Download Link: Aspose.Cells
for Java v7.4.0.4

Sample
code:

Sign signature:

DigitalSignatureCollection ds = new DigitalSignatureCollection();

InputStream inStream = new
FileInputStream(“d:\aspose.pfx”);
KeyStore
inputKeyStore = KeyStore.getInstance(“PKCS12”);

inputKeyStore.load(inStream, KEYSTORE_PASSWORD.toCharArray());

DigitalSignature d = new
DigitalSignature(inputKeyStore,KEYSTORE_PASSWORD,“test for
sign”,com.aspose.cells.DateTime.getNow());

ds.add(d);
Workbook workbook = new
Workbook(“unsigned.xlsx”);

workbook.setDigitalSignature(ds);

workbook.save(“signed.xlsx”);

Validate signature:
Workbook
workbook = new Workbook(“signed.xlsx”);
DigitalSignatureCollection
ds = workbook.getDigitalSignature();
for(DigitalSignature d :
(Iterable)ds)
{

System.out.print(d.isValid());
}

--

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40247) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.