Backgrounds aren't kept in xlsx documents

I’ve found a problem while using Aspose Cells.

I’ve made a example which explains my problem better.
I’ve got two Excel Workbooks, the first is an xls workbook and the second is a xlsx workbook.
I’ve found that if I save an xls workbook to xlsx I lose the background.

Thanks,
Devid.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We were able to find this issue using the following code. The background image gets lost.

We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into this issue and fix it. Once the issue is fixed or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41399.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\Sample\BookXLS.xls”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.xlsx”, SaveFormat.Xlsx);

Hi,

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.0.4 and let us know your feedback.

mshakeel.faiz:
Hi,

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.0.4 and let us know your feedback.

I downloaded your fix, I used it in the same sample project that I originally posted, but it still doesn't work.

Devid

Hi,

I have tested with v7.4.0.4 to convert your template XLS file to XLSX, it works fine and the background is retained in the output XLSX file. Could you try using the following code and give us your output file.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\Sample\BookXLS.xls”;

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.xlsx”, SaveFormat.Xlsx);

Amjad Sahi:
Hi,

I have tested with v7.4.0.4 to convert your template XLS file to XLSX, it works fine and the background is retained in the output XLSX file. Could you try using the following code and give us your output file.

C#
string filePath = @"F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\Sample\BookXLS.xls";

workbook.Save(filePath + ".out.xlsx", SaveFormat.Xlsx);

Sorry I noticed that I was using the wrong version of aspose cells.
It works now with v7.4.0.4.

Thanks,
Devid

Hi,

No problem! and good to know that the new fix actually resolved your issue.

Feel free to contact us any time, if you have further query/issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.
Amjad Sahi:
Hi,

No problem! and good to know that the new fix actually resolved your issue.

Feel free to contact us any time, if you have further query/issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Hi,

I need to ask you a favor.
Can you please send me a link for version 7.4.0.4 of Aspose Cells for .NET Framework 3.5 Client-Profile?
Not for .NET Framework 2.0

Thanks,
Devid

Hi,

We will provide you a client profile latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET. We have forwarded your request to development team.

Hopefully, you will get it tomorrow.

Hi,

We have attached the client profile version of the latest version. Please download it and use it.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41399) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.