Bind Mapped XML Data (Custom XML Part) with Content Control containing Section Break in Word Document using C# or Java

@awais.hafeez @tahir.manzoor
Thanks for the update.

I need to bind the custom XML part with content controls, but if the section break present inside the content control, then I am not able to bind the custom XML part with StructuredDocumentTagRangeStart.

How to Bind the custom XML part with content controls, if the section break present inside the content control?

@gkukko,

Please see these input and output Word DOCX documents and try running the following C# code of Aspose.Words for .NET API that will bind repeating section content control in Word document with custom XML:

Repeating Section Content Control sample DOCX documents.zip (30.8 KB)

C# Code:

Document doc = new Document("C:\\Temp\\Repeating Section Content Control.docx");

Table table = doc.FirstSection.Body.Tables[0];

StructuredDocumentTag repeatingSection = (StructuredDocumentTag)table.GetChild(NodeType.StructuredDocumentTag, 0, false);
StructuredDocumentTag repeatingItem = (StructuredDocumentTag)repeatingSection.GetChild(NodeType.StructuredDocumentTag, 0, false);
Node[] repeatingSdts = repeatingItem.GetChildNodes(NodeType.StructuredDocumentTag, true).ToArray();

const string xml =
    @"<?xml version=""1.0"" encoding=""utf-8""?>
        <root>
            <Employee>
                <Name>John Doe</Name>
                <HireDate>2018-03-01</HireDate>
                <Gender>Male</Gender>
                <Department>B</Department>
            </Employee>
            <Employee>
                <Name>Jane Adams</Name>
                <HireDate>2017-01-17</HireDate>
                <Gender>Female</Gender>
                <Department>A</Department>
            </Employee>
            <Employee>
                <Name>John Smith</Name>
                <HireDate>2017-12-01</HireDate>
                <Gender>Male</Gender>
                <Department>C</Department>
            </Employee>
        </root>";

CustomXmlPart customXmlPart = doc.CustomXmlParts.Add(Guid.NewGuid().ToString("B"), xml);

repeatingSection.XmlMapping.SetMapping(customXmlPart, "/root/Employee", null);
((StructuredDocumentTag)repeatingSdts[0]).XmlMapping.SetMapping(customXmlPart, "/root/Employee/Name", null);
((StructuredDocumentTag)repeatingSdts[1]).XmlMapping.SetMapping(customXmlPart, "/root/Employee/HireDate", null);
((StructuredDocumentTag)repeatingSdts[2]).XmlMapping.SetMapping(customXmlPart, "/root/Employee/Gender", null);
((StructuredDocumentTag)repeatingSdts[3]).XmlMapping.SetMapping(customXmlPart, "/root/Employee/Department", null);

doc.Save("C:\\Temp\\20.8.docx");

Hope, this helps in achieving what you are looking for.

@awais.hafeez
The previous post related to CXP binding with StructuredDocumentTagRangeStart.

I have a very simple test, I am opening the document and iterate all the content controls and get mapped XML data. Unfortunately, I am not able to get mapped XML data (CustomXmlPart) from StructuredDocumentTagRangeStart.

StructuredDocumentTagRangeStartIssue.zip (17.9 KB)

@gkukko,

We have logged this requirement in our issue tracking system. Your ticket number is WORDSNET-21062. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you updated on the status of the linked issue.

A post was split to a new topic: Add more properties/methods in StructuredDocumentTagRangeStart Class

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-21062) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.10 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.10 update.