CellsHelper.AddAddInFunction (Only working for smart markers)

So I have an excel sheet that uses a function from an XLL add-in. I have added the add-in to my workbook using the CellsHelper.AddAddInFunction routine and the function will work as expected so long as the associated formula is generated through a smart marker. If I place the formula in the sheet by itself, not letting ASPOSE.Cells generate it for me, I will get a #NAME? entry for that cell, even though other cells with the same formula, but generated by ASPOSE.Cells, do work…

Any ideas?

Hi,

Thanks for providing us some details.

Could you create a sample console (runnable) application, zip it and post it here to show the issue on our end. Also, provide your template Excel or other source files. We will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

It will take me a little while to get a “sample” setup. I need to strip out a lot of auxiliary code. While I do that, can I also ask whether or not I’m supposed to be able to add multiple Add-In functions using the CellsHelper.AddAddInFunction? It seems to only recognize the last Add-In function I add…

I’m using it like this (C#):

ParameterType[] ParamArr1 = new ParameterType[2] { (ParameterType.Value, ParameterType.Value };
CellsHelper.AddAddInFunction(“DISTRIBUTION.UNIFORM”, 2, 2, ParamArr1, ParameterType.Value);

ParameterType[] ParamArr2 = new ParameterType[3] { ParameterType.Value, ParameterType.Value, ParameterType.Value };
CellsHelper.AddAddInFunction(“PICurrVal”, 1, 3, ParamArr2, ParameterType.Value);

Here is a sample showing how the Add-In breaks.

And here is a separate sample that shows how only the last added add-in works, previous add-ins are apparently ignored. I really need to add multiple add-ins though.

Oh one note, I am using Excel 2003 (this is a requirement of my client).

Hi,

Thanks for providing us archive of template files etc.

Well, your provided archive only contains template file, Excel add-ins and application executable etc. We appreciate if you could also provide us the sample source console application (runnable), we will evaluate your issue and may log it into our database for investigation to figure it out. Also we recommend you to kindly use our latest version/fix i.e. Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.3:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/entry460770.aspx

Also, we are not sure about as you mentioned as:
CellsHelper.AddAddInFunction routine and the function will work as expected so long as the associated formula is generated through a smart marker. If I place the formula in the sheet by itself, not letting ASPOSE.Cells generate it for me, I will get a #NAME? entry for that cell, even though other cells with the same formula

Could you elaborate it more, also, if you don’t involve Aspose.Cells, will your add-ins formulas work fine as expected when you manually specify your add-ins and then evaluate or test the formulas in the cells. Please provide us complete details, so that we could evaluate your issue more precisely.

Thank you.

I was using an older version of the DLL (v7.2.2.), the newer DLL seems to have fixed my first issue.

However my second issue is still happening. I need to specify multiple add-in formulas for a single sheet. I have combined my two examples into a single source and attached it. Please take a look and let me know if there is some way to add multiple add-in formulas so they process properly.

You’ll notice that after the AddIns.xls is processed, the smart marker replacement for DISTRIBUTION.NORMAL will not work, but the DISTRIBUTION.UNIFORM will work. I have specified both with the CellsHelper.AddAddInFunction(), but only the last call seems to be handled.

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project with template files.

After an initial test, I can notice the issue as you have mentioned by running your project with your template files and source add-ins (xll) file.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41633” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try our latest fix/version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.3.1

We have fixed your issue now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thanks,

Well that almost works. After the AddIns.xls (multiple add-ins) is processed and I open it, I get a message about links to other datasources (see attached image file). Any ideas why this would happen? It does not happen for AddIn.xls (single add-in). Other than that the both add-in formulas do come through and work properly.

P.S. What is the Aspose.Cells.tlb file for?

EDIT: I did a little more digging and checked the links it was asking me to update (see second attachment). It’s strange this doesn’t happen for the single entry file… opening the the original file does not have this issue, it’s only after being processed that the message appears.

Okay it looks like it’s putting a call to the add-in/function right into one of the cells… that is what is causing the message. If I delete it the form will open fine afterwards. See attached image (I’m assuming this is getting left over, and shouldn’t be there).

Hi,

It looks like you are rightly saying, this might be causing the issue. Anyways, we have to look into it and investigate your issue though. I have reopened your issue “CELLSNET-41633”. Our concerned developer will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Any word on this? Our client is currently in a holding pattern, waiting on this fix, for their production rollout. Has this new issue at least been identified and being worked on?

Is there any feature or flag that will allow us to tell ASPOSE.Cells to just ignore all formulas it doesn’t understand, and just let them pass through into the final processed excel sheet? I mean in normal excel if I use an add-in then give my sheet to someone who doesn’t have the add-in, the formulas won’t work, but all I need to do is give them the add-in and it will work. So I’m not entirely sure why is it even necessary to tell ASPOSE.Cells what formulas are not normal excel formulas? I mean we’re not trying to get results of the formulas on the C# side, we just want them to come through and work in the final document.

Hi,

We understand your concerns.

As we have already reopened your issue, so our concerned developer may look into it to figure it out soon. I have also asked (by adding comments and share your concerns to your issue/ticket) him to share any update or eta for it.

Please spare us a little time, once we have any update on it, we will let you know here immediately.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Please do not use Cell.SetAddInFormula method, just simply use
Cell.Formula property to set the addin formula as you have called
CellsHelper.AddAddInFunction method.

Oh wow… I’m sorry, I didn’t even see that that line was added to the sample code. I have removed it and am retesting.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

If you encounter any other issue while testing, please let us know, we will be glad to help you further.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41633) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.