File (with smart art) saved with ASPOSE.Cells is not opening with Open XML SDK

Hi,

I am using combination of ASPOSE.Cells and Open XML Format SDK for XLSX file processing.

ASPOSE.Cells version - 7.4.2.0

Open XML Format SDK version - 2.5

My use case is –

1. Open XLSX file using ASPOSE.Cells
  2. Carry required operation
  3. Save the file
  4. Open it again in Open XML SDK
  5. Process further
  6. Save the file

When I carry above steps for XLSX file that contains smart art, Open XML SDK is giving following error while opening file at step 4 –

DocumentFormat.OpenXml.Packaging.OpenXmlPackageException: The document cannot be opened because there is an invalid part with an unexpected content type.

[Part Uri=/xl/diagrams/drawing1.xml],

[Content Type=application/xml],

[Expected Content Type=application/vnd.ms-office.drawingml.diagramDrawing+xml].

I have attached sample code written in Visual Studio 2010 that reproduces this issue.

Any help towards solving this error is appreciated.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Hi,

Thanks for the project with a template file.

After an initial test, I have observed the issue as you have mentioned by running your project with template file(s). I got the exception by Open XML SDK while opening the output file (by Aspose.Cells), I am using latest version i.e. Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.3:

DocumentFormat.OpenXml.Packaging.OpenXmlPackageException: The document cannot be opened because there is an invalid part with an unexpected content type.
[Part Uri=/xl/diagrams/drawing1.xml],
[Content Type=application/xml],
[Expected Content Type=application/vnd.ms-office.drawingml.diagramDrawing+xml].

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41635” for your issue. We will look into your issue to figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Thanks for confirmation. Please keep me posted with ETA when you get to know.

Regards,

Hi,

Yes, sure, once we have any update on it, we will let you know here immediately.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try our latest fix/version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.3.1

We have fixed your issue now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Thanks. This fixed the issue. When can I see this version in general download section? Is it final release of this DLL?

Regards

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issue is fixed. This is a minor release. Minor release can be used for production use. This fix will also be included in the Major release which will be available in general download section.

You can use minor release without any issue in your production environment.

Hi,

Moreover, we normally release our official version of the product (in Downloads module) once in a month (our next official version will be at the end of May 2013), which always includes all the previous fixes and enhancements.

But as my fellow colleague told you that you may use the latest fix v7.4.3.1 for your production usage, it includes all the functionality/features and fixes from v7.4.3 till that fix.

Thank you.

Thanks for confirmation.

Regards

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41635) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.