Image Increasing in size on each save

Hi,

We are having a big problem with an image within an excel file. Every time the excel is re-saved, the image is getting bigger.

I have attached a mini project to demonstrate this bug. This generates two files; an excel and pdf file.
Please run the project and select the attached excel file “test5.xlsx” when the file open dialog window appears.

If you check the image’s size in the input file “test5.xlsx”, the size is Height: 100% and Width: 100%.
If you look at the output file “generated file.xlsx”, the size has changed (more significantly the width). This is a problem when the file will be resaved multiple times as it may be edited more than once.

Additional Information:
  • The size is increased as the workbook has been opened using; after the following line.
Workbook wb = new Workbook(…);
  • The size is also increased when you call wb.Save(…); I tried forcing a re-size right before the save to 100% by 100% and the resultant file still contains the image resized to be larger.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to notice this issue. The size of the image increases by 2% on each save. We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and resolve it. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41630.

Hi,

Please try our latest fix/version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.3.1

We have fixed your issue now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you…

Hi,

Unfortunately it seems that this bug is still present in the new version 7.4.3.1

I have attached a small application to demonstrate the problem.
I have also attached an input excel file “test67.xlsx” to use when the open file dialog appears when running the sample project.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

The image height increases 1% on first save. After that it does not increase no matter how many times you resave the file. We have logged your comment in our database. We will look into this issue and fix it. Once the issue is fixed or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

We have fixed the issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.1.4 and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

I downloaded 7.5.1.4 to confirm the fix on this. Unfortunately we are still experiencing the issue. the generated file’s image still has a different size setting from the original.

Hi,

I have tested your attached project with latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.1.4, it works fine. I opened the generated file into MS Excel and observe the “Size and Properies” options for the picture/image, these are similar to your original file i.e. “test5.xlsx”. Please make sure that you are using the latest fix/version: v7.5.1.4. If you still find the issue, kindly post your project and attach some screen shots comparing the template file vs generated file’s options, so we could look into it further.

Thank you.

Hi,

I am not entirely sure why we are getting different results. I have downloaded the files I have uploaded for this post, updated to 7.5.1.4, generated the output file, then re-zipped the project. I have attached the re-zipped project and the input file.

I have also attached screenshots of the size difference as well as the generated file.

Hi,

Thanks for the project with a new template Excel file and sharing the screen shots.

I am able to reproduce the issue as per your screen shots after running your sample project with v7.5.1.4 (latest version/fix). I have reopened the issue “CELLSNET-41630” now. Our concerned developer will look into your issue soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have fixed the issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.2.1.