CheckBox.AlternativeText blank after saving the workbook

Dear All,

I am experiencing a strange behavior after I save an Excel in any format (xlsm, xlsx etc) both as a Stream and as a file.

My original file has checkboxes with AlternativeText set, when I save the file, if I open the just created stream (or I open the just created file) I get checkboxes without alternativeText set (in VS i see this property as an empty string).

I found a similar bug reported quite some time ago: Shape.AlternativeText blank in .XLSX.

I got this with Cells 18.9.0 (which is the version I have in production) and also with the latest available version 19.6.0

Could you please help?
This is a very sensitive issue for me, as the application is based on those deleted values…

Code example:

using (var document = LoadOrCreateDocument())
{
    //business logic code.. here, if I check with the debugger, alternative text is maintained
    document.Save(newTemplateStream, Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Xlsm);
    //after I save, if I try to reopen newTemplateStream, I see checkboxes lost altText
}

Thank you in advance and hope to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,

Mirko

@mrksoftware,
We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-46800 - Open/Save removes CheckBox.AlternativeText

@ahsaniqbalsidiqui
Thank you really much for the prompt response!
Do you have any ETA? I need to inform my customer since the application is already in production.

Also, is there a place in which I can keep track of the opened issue CELLSNET-46800?

Thanks in advance

Mirko

@mrksoftware,
As this issue is logged too recently, therefore it is not analyzed yet. As there are already a few tasks in the queue which are in progress, so it may take little time to analyze the issue and provide some ETA. We will write back here as soon as any feedback is ready to share with you.

@mrksoftware,
This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-46800”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@ahsaniqbalsidiqui
This is a great news! Thank you!
Do you have an estimated date for the next release?
I see you schedule releases more or less once a month, please tell me I don’t have to wait till August :pray:

Sorry if I ask but for us this is a blocking issue in production and I have to deal with an angry customer…

Regards,
Mirko

@mrksoftware,
We will share the hotfix within few days, hopefully by next week and will notify you soon.

@mrksoftware,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.6.4 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells19.6.4 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (4.9 MB)
Aspose.Cells19.6.4 For .Net4.0.Zip (4.9 MB)

@Amjad_Sahi
Thank you, seems like it works! :slight_smile:

Regards,

Mirko

@mrksoftware,
You are welcome.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46800) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.7. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi