Click button - XFA forms - c#

This topic was already covered but went dead 2 years ago:

I have a PDF XFA form that has a button click which adds additional form fields to the document. How can I programatically ‘click’ this button (or run the code behind it) from C# to generate the additional form fields?

@tchawla

Would you please share your sample PDF document with us. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Yes - I sent you a private message. Thank you!

@tchawla

Thanks for sharing sample PDF document.

We have logged an investigation ticket as PDFNET-46872 in our issue tracking system. We will further investigate your requirements and keep you posted with the status of ticket resolution. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Ali,

I have actually figured out how to do this - I simply have to specify the row number in the field name when filling out the XFA form and the PDF will dynamically expand to accommodate the data. However, I’m having trouble with the signature field now. I am not sure how to do this exactly for an XFA form’s signature field.

@tchawla

Thank you for the feedback.

Would you please share SSCCE code along with source PDF file and some more details about the problem you are facing with signature field.

@Farhan.Raza Unfortunately I’m not even sure how to start here with the Signature field. I’ll PM you the code I’m using to fill out the rest of the form as well as the form itself.

@tchawla

Thank you for sharing the file.

We have noticed that the PDF document is encrypted with permission password where filling of form is allowed but signing is restricted. Therefore, we are afraid Adobe Acrobat may not sign it either.

Interesting. I can sign it in Adobe acrobat, are you sure we can’t do it programmatically?

@tchawla

We have investigated further and would like to update you that Aspose.PDF currently does not support signing XFA form and a feature request with ID PDFNET-34530 is logged in our issue management system. This thread has been linked with the same ticket so that you may be notified as soon as the feature is supported.