Combine word document revisions from multiple authors

Hello Aspose Support,

We are looking for the functionality to be able to combine the revisions of the same word document from multiple users.

I found the related post back in 2015 and 2017.

Is this functionality now available in Aspose.Words for .Net? FYI, I don’t want to automatically accept the track changes. When the revisions are combined, the original author should able to accept or reject the changes manually. Thank you in advance.

@devobanet,

Unfortunately, your question is not clear enough therefore we request you to please elaborate your inquiry further by providing complete details of your usecase. Please also provide sample 1) input Word Document(s), 2) Aspose.Words generated output Word document showing the undesired behavior and 3) expected Word document (please create this document by using MS Word). Also please list the steps that you used in MS Word to create this expected document. This will help us to understand your scenario, and we will be in a better position to address your concerns accordingly.

Thank you Awais Hafeez for the reply. I have attached four documents herewith.

1. Original Document - TestDoc- Original.docx
  2. First reviewer reviews the original document and the reviewed document is saved as - TestDoc-Review1.docx
  3. Second reviewer reviews the original document and reviewed document is saves as - TestDoc-Review2.docx

I am looking to be able to combine the review comments from “TestDoc-Review1.docx” and “TestDoc-Review2.docx”. I have attached the expected document with combine reviews “TestDoc-CombineReviews.docx”.

TempFolder.zip (47.9 KB)

Please let me know if this functionality can be achieved using Aspose.words for .Net

Thanks in advance,

@devobanet,

Thanks for the additional information. We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-16956. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of this issue. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Awais, do you mean that this word functionality of “Combine revisions from multiple authors into a single document” is currently not available in ASPOSE.WORDS for .NET?

@devobanet,

The requested feature is currently not supported by Aspose.Words for .NET. We will inform you via this thread as soon this feature (issue ID: WORDSNET-16956) is supported by Aspose.Words for .NET.

A post was split to a new topic: Combine Revisions from Multiple Authors into a Single Word Document C# .NET