Compatibility between Aspose.Slides for Reportig Services and SQL Server 2008 Express edition?

Hello there,

I read the http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc281020.aspx page on Microsoft website which states that “The Reporting Services API extensible platform for delivery, data processing, rendering, and security is not supported” in SQL Server 2008 Express Edition"

I’m not sure of what does this involve, can you please confirm me that this results in SQL Server 2008 Express Edition being incompatible with Aspose.Slides ?

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,
Olivier

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services - Documentation

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

The Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services is compatible with SQL Server 2008 R2 Express Edition. Please download use latest version of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 3.8.0.

Hi Tahir,

I currently have the version 10.0.1600.22 (so not R2 see this link (http://www.sqlsecurity.com/FAQs/SQLServerVersionDatabase/tabid/63/Default.aspx) for more details) of SQL Server 2008 Express Edition installed on my machine. I have followed the steps indicated in Aspode.Slides manual installation guide and the power point format won’t appear in the “Select a format” drop down list when I execute a report. I tried with versions 3.8.0 and 3.9.0 of Aspose.Slides.

Can you tell me if there is any problem with that version of SQL Server or if I have made any mistake in the render or codegroup section ? (I copied from my configuration files and attached to this post both those sections)

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers,
Olivier

Hi Olivier,

Please visit this documentation link to install Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services. Please uninstall the Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services by using MSI installer and reinstall it by following the steps mentioned here. After uninstall Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services, please install it by using MSI installer.

Hi Tahir,

I have uninstalled Aspose.Slides by following the procedure that your provided me with. Then I have reinstalled Aspose.Slides by using the MSI Installer and the powerpoint export format does not appear in the “Select a format” dropdown list.

Actually only the following formats appear :

• Acrobat (PDF) file
  • Excel
  • Word

As I wrote in my first post, the http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc281020.aspx page
on Microsoft website states that “The Reporting Services API
extensible platform for delivery, data processing, rendering, and
security is not supported” in SQL Server 2008 Express Edition". Hence formats like CSV or XML for instance are not available in the “Select a format” dropdown list.

Do you think that the behaviour that I notice with Aspose.Slides extension could be due to the same thing ?

Thank you for your help.
Olivier

Hi Olivier,

As you have shared that there are only following three options available in drop down list.
- Acrobat (PDF) file
- Excel
- Word

Please check render.xml file which you have shared with me earlier. There should be other options like XML, Tiff image, HTML etc in drop down list. All the options in render.xml should be in the drop down list. Please check Reporting Services of SQL Server 2008 are properly installed at your machine or not. Please see image in attachment.

Hi Tahir,

I just realised that I can now see the Aspose export options in the drop down list. I didn’t change anything to my render.xml file so the problem was coming from somewhere else and was definititely linked to my machine.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,
Olivier

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for your response. Please let us know If you have any more queries about Aspose.Slides.

Hi tahir,

I have installed SQL Server 2008 R2 and aspose.slides.reporting.server v4 in windows server 2008.

Now I can see ppt export option in visual basic but I can,t see them in the browser.

I have attached two snapshots.one from visual studio(1.jpg) and another from browser(2.jpg)

As you can see, only three export options are available in UI while in visual basic all the export options are highlighting.

Can you please tell me the solution to solve this problem.

Mranal

Hi Mranal,

I have already shared my response with you over this thread link. Please visit the link shared.

Many Thanks,