Control text line for Retarus Faxolution

Hi there,

I build documents to send them to an automated fax printer (Retarus Faxolution). In the first line they carry a specially formatted control string with tokens like this “@@number 1234567890@@”.
Saving the documents in word format and printing them with MS Word to the faxolution printer works just fine. However, when I print it directly using Aspose.Words the control line is somehow no longer recognized by the faxolution printer and messes up the sending process.

Any ideas on this?

Greetings

Markus

P.S.: This looks kind of similar to:
ActiveFax characters not recognized by fax printer in Aspose Document
Was there any solution?

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your request. Could you please attach sample document here for testing? I will check the issue and provide you more information.

Regarding the thread you referenced to, I do not think it is related. It was created long time before Printing functionality was released.

Best regards.

Hi Alexey,

here are steps to reproduce the problem:

1. install the retarus fax printer driver from
    http://fax4win.faxolution.net/install/Fax4Win-Setup.exe

2. Open the attached document in word and print it to “faxolution” printer
    the document should end up in the drafts folder with the attributes like fax-number, description and so on set. (i hear with an unregistered faxolution printer a dialog will open - can’t test it - but all attributes should be set)

3. Print the document with Aspose.Words. I did like this:
    dim doc as new Aspose.Words.Document()
    doc.print(“faxolution”)

a faxolution dialog should open but all attributes are empty…

Thanks for looking into it!

Markus

Hi Markus,

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Best regards.

Hi Alexey,

I dont want to be pushy but like everyone else I got deadlines and have to decide wheater to switch to another solution.
Could you give me a rough idea about the timeframe we are talking here? Is it days, weeks or months?
For sure its on low priority - I just need to know…

CU,

m:

Hi

Thanks for your request. It is difficult to provide you a reliable estimate at the moment. Please expect a reply before the next hotfix (within 4-5 weeks). We might just fix the issue by then or provide you more information.

Best regards.

Addendum:

easyOffice InternetFax Printer (http://www.fax.de/download/cce194-v-de.exe) uses ControlTags by the format of "</FaxNr: 0815>" and "</Betreff: YaddaYadda>". These Tags are also not recognized when printing from Aspose.Words…

Hi

Thank you for additional information. This can help us to investigate this issue.

Best regards.

Hi Markus,

May I ask you to provide us Faxolution license number for testing?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Hi Alex,

i will if if you give me a more discreet email to reply to. To test you could also use the easyOffice InternetFax Printer. That piece of software is programmed way better and does allow testing (only without actually sending) without key or registration or any other fuzz…

Great to hear you are working on it. I was sweating blood over here since I had to use automation on Office2002 with VB.Net and that’s really painful.

Greetings,

Markus

Hi Markus,

I had a discussion with Alex and it seems like Faxolution imposes some requirements on the printing output for it to be able to recognize the print commands and this requirements are not explicitly stated. E.g. they are not “developer friendly”.

It would be nice if we can find what those requirements/limiations from the Faxolution side are. We are looking for ways to contact Faxolution and ask the questions, but if you already have a good technical contact with them, let us know, it will be helpful.

To contact Alex privately you can send him a private message via forums.

Hi,

I can provide a contact to Faxolution tomorrow as well as a license. One point is: I am trying to push my client to kick Faxolution to the bin as I found more problems with their software. I am working on them to move to easy InternetFax. Finding a way to deal with Faxolution will be pleasant and even sufficient. But it would also be nice to figure what requirements apply from easyInternetFax to so see if the problems match or if this is a generic problem that will arise again with every different fax printer provider.

I will ask my contact for a trial license as the one I got is able to cause relevant monetary mischief.

Again, thanks for investigating the problem, CU tomorrow,

Markus

Hi Markus,

Could you please provide also a sample document for Internet Fax printer and briefly explain expected behavior for this document? I tired to find this information on the company’s site but it looks like they do not have a version in English.

Regards,

Alex

Hi Alex,

sorry there is no english version. That’s quite strange actually. Anyways its quite easy. Install it and when it shows up with a dialog choose “später anmelden” - that is “register later”.
Attached you find a document to send to the “Easy InternetFax” printer. Expected behaviour is to find that document in the document list with the correct recipient number (“Empfänger”) and the correct subject (“Betreff”). In the document the used tags should be gone…

Greetings,

Markus

P.S.: I’m working on the Retarus Trial License

Hey wait - once you entered easyOffice, go to “Setup” - there is a language selector…

Hi Markus,

I tried to print the similar document from the MS Word and didn’t get success - that’s why I asked you for assistance. My consern was that I had insert the tags inappropriately and there were English help on the site. With your test document I have the same problem, please see screenshots attached.

Regards,

Alex

PS Just to avoid misunderstanding, I tried to print your document from MS Word.

Hi there,

I got your last post by mail but cannot find it here - where do i find the screenshot…?

CU

It is attached to my post in the forum in the same way as you did with the test documents.

Please check Setp->Fax printer and check Recipient and Reference Prefix.
If that does not do - please provide screen shots of your settings…

Hi Markus,

Yes, I got it, I will investigate the issue further. Do you have any technical contact in either of these companies? I tried to contact guys in Faxolution but there is no any response already 2 days. The guys from fax.de replyed me in German saying that I have to register first.

Alex