Conversion to pdf/a: missing validation of Unicode font mapping

Hello,
I have a pdf and convert it to pdf/a (Aspose.Pdf.PdfFormat.PDF_A_1A) after asking for validation.
The converted pdf/a doesn’t pass Adobe Pre-flight validation for Pdf/A1 because the file misses Unicode mapping for font.

Looking at the original file seems in effect that the original pdf was not complete and was missing the correct Unicode definition of the font used. But why the Validate step didn’t report the issue and the conversion is done anyway?

Thank you.
Best regards.

Hi Renato,

Thanks for your inquiry. We will appreciate it if you please share your input and output PDF document here, we will look into it and will guide you accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Thank you Tilal,

issue closed. After some smoke tests, managers decided a different approach. Just to give an hint, it seems that currently the Aspose validator does not handle any PDF-A requirement about color management.

Best regards,

Renato

Hi Rento,

Thanks for sharing your feedback and plan. However we will appreciate it if you can share your sample input/output document along with sample code. We will investigate and resolve the issue accordingly in our API, ultimately it will help us to improve the API.

Furthermore, following code is used to convert a PDF document to PDFA standard and validate it.

com.aspose.pdf.Document pdfDoc = new
com.aspose.pdf.Document(“input.pdf”);

PdfFormatConversionOptions opts = new
PdfFormatConversionOptions(“log.xml”, PdfFormat.PDF_A_1A, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

opts.setOptimizeFileSize(true);

System.out.println(pdfDoc.convert(opts));

pdfDoc.save(“Test_PDF_A_1A.pdf”);

pdfDoc = new
com.aspose.pdf.Document(“Test_PDF_A_1A.pdf”);

pdfDoc.validate(“Validation_log.xml”, PdfFormat.PDF_A_1A);

pdfDoc.dispose();

Best Regards,

Hi Talil.

I sent you a private message. Please, let me know if Aspose agrees with the agreement.

Regards,

Renato

Hi Renato,

I am afraid I did not get any private message from you. Please send it again via email as suggested here.

Best Regards,

Done.

Regards,

Renato

Hi Renato,

Thanks for sharing your source PDF document. I have tested the scenario with Aspose.Pdf for Java 17.2.0 and noticed the reported issue, so logged a ticket PDFJAVA-36575 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and rectification. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

We need to urgently
decide if we can afford to wait or we have to invest in
alternative solutions. So, I’m asking for an update about the issue resolution progress.
Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Renato

Hi Renato,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid the reported issue is till pending for investigation as product team is busy with other priority tasks. However, I have recorded your concern to the product team and product team will surely consider investigating/fixing it as per development schedule and as soon as we have some definite updates regarding its resolution, we will let you know. We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Best Regards,