Convert PDF to PDF 1.6

Will there be an update to support PDF 1.6? It looks from the PdfCompliance class it is not supported yet.

@david_j_meyer2_boeing_com

A feature request as PDFNET-51456 has been logged in our issue tracking system for the sake of implementation. We will surely look into its feasibility and let you know as soon as the required feature is available. Please be patient and spare us some time.

Thanks for your quick response. I’m a bit confused though now, I found the following link in your forum which implies PDF version 1.6 is already available.

If it is could you explain to me how to ensure the version when saving the PDF.

To give some insight on what our implementation is doing. We are taking word, powerpoint and excel files and converting them to PDF. The document repository requires PDF version 1.6 or newer.

Any help you can provide to clear up my confusion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It turns out that Slides is limited to PDF 1.5, Words can be exported to PDF 1.7. It seems to be product dependent. How would this work for Cells? Opening a Excel document and saving it as a PDF 1.7.

Thanks again!

@david_j_meyer2_boeing_com

Sorry for the confusion. Since, you mentioned PdfConformance, we took it as PDF/E-1 which is a subtype of PDF 1.6 format. As far as PDF 1.6 format is concerned, Aspose.PDF supports creating it. You can convert a PDF into PDF 1.6 using the below code snippet:

Aspose.Pdf.Document pdfDoc2 = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(dataDir + "input.pdf");
pdfDoc2.Convert(dataDir + "log.xml", PdfFormat.v_1_6, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);
pdfDoc2.Save(dataDir + "output.pdf");

Regarding other file types, please create a post in respective forums i.e. Aspose.Words, Aspose.Cells, and Aspose.Slides where you will be assisted accordingly.