Converting .doc

Hello
I need to convert a Word doc to WordML. That in it self is no problem, just call the Document.Save with correct parameters. But there is a Word add-in attached to the document, which i think is causing trouble, because I get an InvalidOperationException which says “Unknown object in memory storage”. Can you confirm that Word documents with an attached Word add-in is not supported?
/Terje

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Saving Documents - Aspose.Words for .NET and Java

Hi
Thanks for your request. Aspose.Words supports embedded OLE objects. So please attach your document for testing. I will investigate this problem and provide you more information.
Best regards.

Hi
The thing is that it is not an embedded OLE object. We have a Word add-in made with Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO) using .net. So the document has a reference to an assembly with our custom code. The assembly itself is not embedded in the document (and should not be), only the reference, but i think that is what is causing the problem.
Is there a way to send you a test document privatly? My client is not too keen about getting it published on the internet, even though it’s just a test document.
Best regards
/Terje

Hi
You can send the document to my e-mail.
Best regards.

Hi
Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce this problem. I created new issue #5370 in our defect data base. We will notify you as soon as it is fixed.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 5370) have been fixed in this update.
Fixed the problem with saving the file. But Custom XML is still not supported and therefore lost. Custom XML is a separate known feature request.