Custom Code in report header does not show barcode

Hi
I am using V19.8 and need to place a barcode within the header. I have tried to download the sample project with the thread but the file appears to be private. Please advise. Thanks.

@Steve_Flynn,

Since you are not the owner of the thread, so you might not download the attachments in the thread. Please create a new thread and ask for the sample project (referencing to this thread). We will share the sample project (from the post) in your thread.

19.8 based on old VSIX and you have to find proper version of VSIX for Visual Studio

You can use Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services 21.4/21.5 it supports last VSIX 2.6.11.

VSIX 2.6.11 - Microsoft Reporting Services Projects - Visual Studio Marketplace

Display BarCodes in Report Header and Footer (but you still need 21.5 and VSIX 2.6.11, MS fixed plenty of bugs in this version)

Hi Alexander

I am getting the below error.
Capture2.JPG (10.8 KB)

Assuming I upgrade Aspose to 21.5, will the below version of Visual Studio be ok?

Capture.JPG (97.4 KB)

Please confirm.

Thanks.

@Steve_Flynn,

Thanks for the screenshots and details.

We will be looking into it and get back to you soon.

I think you forgot to add System.Drawing in References section.

Open Report Properties section References and add references to the Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services and System.Drawing.

Aspose.BarCode.ReportingServices
System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a

Yes it works. However I recommend you to update to 21.8 version, we updated one of Databar symbology generation there.
RS_Version.png (8.4 KB)

Hi Alexander

I am now getting a different error…

Capture.JPG (16.6 KB)

Do I need to make any config file changes?

Thanks

Hi Alexander

I have made the changes but I am still getting the same error. Could you please check my config file and let me know if you see any issues?

RSPreviewPolicy.zip (2.2 KB)

Many thanks.

Here is an example project with working configs for 20.6 version.
RepVS2017.zip (7.9 KB)

You forgot about setting FullTrust to Report_Expressions_Default_Permissions.

This is related with " partially trusted callers", we added this support only in 21.4 library for SSRS. Also addition of FullTrust also is needed for VS development because without this the library cannot read license from registry and stays unregistered for headers and footers (vs makes shadow registry for Execution where the license file doesn’t exist). On real SSRS servers you can avoid setting FullTrust for 21.4+ versions or you can set if you want to.

Hi Alexander

The file is marked as private and will not allow me to download. Please advise.

Thanks

Sent message.

Hi Alexander

I believe I have made this change correctly but I’m still getting the same error…

Capture.JPG (83.9 KB)

Please advise

@Steve_Flynn,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot of your configurations.

We will be looking into your issue and get back to you soon.

What is the version of Aspose.BarCode.ReportingServices.dll in “c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017{Edition}\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\SSRS\ReportProjects”

Also this version must be placed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017{Edition}\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies

They changed folders structure in VS2017 and VS2019, installer from 21.5 automatically copies the library into both folders.

Hi Alexander

Version is 20.6.0

Install was manual as we have a named instance

The same version library also must be in Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies folder. I used installation with installer it copies dll into both folders.

As I see Microsoft Reporting Services Projects cannot find the library for Custom Code. This can be related to named instance (this project is always bugged and it always difficult to use them in not standard way).

You can test behavior ad permissions with test project (I implemented it to show MS Team other bug in MRSP but it should work for current situation).

Also have some questions:

1. What path to VS2017 instance (Next week, I will try to tests library behavior with manual paths.)
  2. Do you have all file permissions to the library file (try to set everyone full access for Aspose.BarCode.ReportingServices.dll )?
  3. Does Aspose visual components (non header component) works correctly or also throws exception?

Also you can check it with VSCustomReportItem (for custom code you can add for the project some simple class with function which generates bitmap).

Hi Alexander

I can confirm that both the dll and config file are already present in this directory

Hi Alexander

Whilst I am still seeing the same error message on preview, something appears to have been affected by the changes I have made as I can now deploy the report - previously, attempts to deploy failed with error “definition of the report is invalid”.
I now have the report deployed and it runs without errors. However, the barcode does not appear.