DOCX to HTML does not seem to generate Unordered List tags and items for bullets

Hello,

I must be doing something wrong. I am using Aspose to read in a DOCX file and then generate to HTML via Document.save where with SaveFormat.HTML. For sample files with various bullets of various levels, the HTML contains harcoded indentation and inline styles for the bullets instead of
and
tags as would be expected.

Generates:
Bullet 1
·

Instead of
Bullet 1

Is there some SaveOptions setting that I’m not using correctly to get the unordered list tags that I was expecting?

Thanks,
Frank

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your request. Yes, Aspose.Words outputs list to HTML like this. This was done to output list numbering better. As you may know, there is no native method in HTML to output multilevel lists. By the way MS Word outputs lists the similar way.
We will consider adding an option, which controls how lists are exported to HTML. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards.

I’m having the same issue where bullets from word are converted to a strange set of markup in the HTML- I want to make certain that I understand correctly.

You are saying that Aspose.words does not convert Word 2007 bullets to HTML bullets during the docx to HTML conversion process. Instead, it simulates bullets by putting spaces and a dot character in the HTML.

Our users/customers are complaining about the lack of support for bullets which is a basic HTML element so we need to determine what our options are.

I understand about multi-level lists, but in this thread I believe the topic is straight bulleted lists in Word - not multi-level lists.

Thanks in advance for clarifying.

Hi

Thanks for your request. As I mentioned in my previous answer, we will add an option, which controls how list are exported to HTML. Once this option is available, you will be able to chose export list as native HTML lists or export them as they are exported now.
I will notify you as soon as this option is available.
Best regards.

I would like to voice my concern here as well. Please implement this option, as this is a fairly basic component of HTML, and document construction in general. Lists are not just visual constructions- they have semantic value.

Hi

Thanks for your request. We will let you know once this feature is available.
Best regards.

Hi,

Is this feature still planned for, and if so can you give an estimate when it will be released?

Regards,
Roger

Hi

Thanks for your request. This feature is no scheduled yet. So it is difficult to promise you something regarding this feature. We will let you know once there is some progress with this feature.
Best regards,

I also would like to voice my concern about this topic.

Do you now have any dates for implementing option?

It would be very neccesary for our project.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, this option is still unavailable. We will let you know once it is added to public API.
Best regards,

Hi i am currently testing Aspose.Words for use in the project. Like others proper html list formatting is a big issue for use as well.

Is there any news on this?

Thanks

Hello
Thanks for your request. Aspose.Words outputs list to HTML like simple paragraphs. This was done to output list bullets and numbering better. As you may know, there is no native method in HTML to output multilevel lists. By the way MS Word outputs lists the similar way.
However, we will consider adding an option, which controls how lists are exported to HTML. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

Thanks Andrey, I find the bullets issue is my main complete from users.

The issue is aspose is giving code like:

·         Gunnnn Test

·         Leeee

·         OOO

But what happens is users then clean up the code, eg if they put it into a CMS system, but when the CSS is removed you loose the bullets.
I know its a hard problem to solve, but it would be great to even has some kind of basic html list output support.
Thanks
Brian

Hi Brian
Thanks for your request. Exactly this is supposed by the option we plan to add, i.e. you will be able to control how to output list items – as simple
or as paragraphs.
We will let you know once this option is available.
Best regards,

Hi Alexey,

can you give me a date, when option is available?
Or is it still in planning?

Hi
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, there is no estimate specified for this issue yet. Once our developers review the issue and provide an estimate, I will let you know.
Best regards,

Hi folks, is there any more news on this issue?

I know you get a lot of feature requests but aspose html is pretty perfect except for this one issue.

Lack of proper html lists is a real issue for users.

Thanks

Hi Brian,
Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, there is still no news regarding this issue. I asked our developers to take a look at this issue again. I will let you know once I have more information. I apologize for inconvenience.
Best regards,

Thanks Alexey,

I can imagine you get a lot of request but it would be good to get the list issue sorted as the current html code is really hard to work with.

It is nearly a year since you first said this issue was being looked into, so it would be fantastic if you could prioritise this for an upcoming release.

Thanks

Brian

Hi Brian,
Thanks for your request. As I mentioned I reassigned the issue for analysis again. Once I get any feedback from our developers, I will immediately let you know.
Best regards,